cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ABS data connector

dtrink
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 Gulfstream Sun Voyager on a Workhorse chassis. The ABS light came on and I stopped at a repair facility to have the code checked, but we can't find the plug to hook the scanner to. Does anybody know where it would be located? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

Carvin_Marvin
Explorer
Explorer
Left side of steering column close to dash edge

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
On our 2005 Gulfstream Class A on the Ford chassis, Mechanics had a very difficult time trying to find the connector. Finally fount it up above the steering column.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can use a scanner, or you can just use an ohmmeter. About two feet from each ABS sensor on each wheel, you will find an electrical connection. A good sensor will read about 1200 ohms. A bad sensor can either be shorted(zero ohms) or open (infinity). The sensors are very easy to change, without any tools, and they cost about $90 each.
Oops, sorry! They have gone down in price since I last bought them. They are now about $77. ABS sensor

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
on our 20004 workhorse chassis it is just to the left of the steering column but hiding behind a shield around the column as I remember.