cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCM Mail & Ship, Quartzsite AZ

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
I'm been full-timing for over a year now, I've been having my daughter forward my mail, but lately it's been a bit of trouble for her due to health. I want to retain my AZ domicile and was wondering if anyone has expierence with BCM Mail and Shipping Service in Quartzsite AZ. Or any other recommendations. Thanks in advance
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".
9 REPLIES 9

coolsailor
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys,
Here are the problems with BCM.
1. You don't really get a street address, just a PO Box.
They have a street address that they use for packages, but the PO
doesn't send mail to that address and doesn't have it in their system.
So if anyone tries to send mail to the physical (street) address it gets returned marked "no such address".
DMV will allow you to use the mailing address (PO Box) on your license and registration and accept the street address for a physical location. Apparently they don't check it's validity.
Where it gets tricky is with places that require a valid street address.
Chase, for example, won't accept BCM's street address so I'm using the address of the park where I'm workamping. Chase, like DMV, has instructions to use my BCM PO Box for all correspondence so the street address is really irrelevant in that case.
But, if the company requires a valid street address and they check the address you give them..........
2. In the 10 months I've been with BCM they managed to lose 2 pcs. and failed to notify me of 2 other items that were in the box.
I received those unexpectedly with other requested mail.
If you can live with the limitations, and keep your communications with them simple you might be OK.
BCM seems to be the cheapest place in AZ at $80/yr.
You can get a street address with Traveling Mail Box or PostScanMail for $15/mo; or Mail & More for $25/mo.
Good Luck,

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
We use the Salome post office when we winter in Brenda. So far no complaints.

camperguy99
Explorer
Explorer
Our experience from Q is quite bad. You cannot use the street address or RV park address at all. The only thing that works is to rent a PO box and that availability is questionable. If anything is not to their liking such as BOTH the box number and a street address they will return it in a heartbeat! I have put my brothers name and mine on the letter along with a proper PO bx number and still had that returned to sender. Poorly run PO. By the way UPS, FedX, etc. work great. They bring it right to you RV space!

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
1BryNelson wrote:
Mandalay Parr wrote:
I winter in Q but use a mail service in Phoenix. Sorry I can't be more help.

Jerry just in case and you wouldn't mind, which compnay do you use?.
Thanks.

I use Mail and More in Glendale 623-561-1852. A very nice lady runs it. Been using her for 12 years.
Call me if you wish.
Jerry
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
Mandalay Parr wrote:

Jerry just in case and you wouldn't mind, which compnay do you use?.
Thanks.
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked into the FMCA Mail forwarding service?
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
This poster uses it

Their website is a bit dated and cheesy, but they do say they offer RVer address services.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would find ANY service other than QZ unless you plan to spend most of your Winter there and have no other good option.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter