cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Captains Chair

rmatt
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone replace a standard captains chair with a 6 way electric. interested in how you wired it.
Thanks
Bob
4 REPLIES 4

rmatt
Explorer
Explorer
My coach is a Winnebago dp. The breaker panel has a spot for an electric chair but no breaker in the panel. I am assuming there are no wires run to the pedestal. I do have a chair to install. Guess I'll have to find what Winnebago uses for breakers so that I can put it into the panel.
Bob

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Even though our MH did not have power seats, there was a fused and live wire next to the seat pedestal for power seats. So it was just a matter of connecting the wires. It was fused thru a fuse labeled "power seat"
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
good source for seats:
https://shop4seats.com/rv-seating.html
this is where I purchase my replacement. Just remember you need to install them. They are just the manufacturer.
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
rmatt wrote:
Anyone replace a standard captains chair with a 6 way electric. interested in how you wired it.
Thanks
Bob

Bob,
It is really quite simple. All you need is a source for the 12 volt input. If the standard Captains Chair had electric, then you just connect in to that same wire. If it did not, you can pick up 12 volts at fuse panel and run it under the chassis to come up through a hole in the floor right next to the electrical input for your new chair. Just be sure that the hole in the floor has a grommet around it to prevent the wire from being cut on the metal and that it is fused.
The new seat will have a single wire input and the switch will distribute the 12 volts to the various electrical motors for the six way motion.