cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Change to AGM battery with Truecharge 2

LRE
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Xantrex Truecharge 2 TC6012 installed in 2012 Winnebago Sightseer, Ford F53 chassis. One Truecharge charging circuit is connect to my 12V group 24 flooded battery and a second circuit is connected to my two 12V group 27 flooded batteries. Can I program the TC6012 to charge different types of batteries on each circuit (AGM for coach and flooded for chassis)? As a follow up question, since the chassis alternator charges the chassis battery first, then the coach batteries, is there any issue with the chassis alternator charging the AGM batteries at too high a voltage?
4 REPLIES 4

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
No the chassis alternator should be regulated and won't spike up the AGM's with too much voltage.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, you can do what you want. That is the main feature of the TrueCharge system. Doug

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Go HERE and read the manual

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Can't answer your question about the Xantrex but I have AGM batteries in my coach for 6 years now and lead acid for the chassis battery and have had no problems with the 160 amp engine alternator damaging the batteries.