cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haier 10.7 cu fu fridge.installation

tboss
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a Haier fridge from Lowes and after one year the compressor froze up. Because it was installed in an RV the warranty was no good so the lady at Haier told me...sooo Im stuck with a fridge that don't work...Called Whirlpool and they said if I install a whirlpool in an RV it doesn't void the one year warranty..They told me to check with HD and see if it will void an extended warranty ,I did and I am waiting their reply...If you are looking to install a home style fridge I advise you to read the testimonials on a Haier before you purchase it.. They have very bad testimonials. I should have done this before I shopped . I learned a very hard lesson, the salesman at Lowes told they had very little problem with the Haier brand. But he was wrong and Im out 350.00 bucks.>>>>>> A call back from HD said the extended warrenty will cover the fridge for 3 years so I purchased it ,,totla cost $514.00 including a 3 year warrenty..The whirlpool should fit where the haier went with just a small mod..I love changing fridge's:).
10 REPLIES 10

tboss
Explorer
Explorer
see my edit at the top

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
You should have dragged into the house before you called.

We are on our second Frigidaire only because Mary saw this one and then said much she did not like what we had.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get another fridge of a different brand. That brand is junk. Get a warranty (or a used fridge). Glad it wasn't an RV fridge that went out or you'd be back $1500.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

tboss
Explorer
Explorer
VA-Apraisr wrote:
Are these refrigerators electric and propane? Didn't know Lowe's or other hardware stores sold units for RV's?
this is a home style fridg.It runs on 120V only,

tboss
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
I run magic chefs with no problems
Where did you purchase the Magic chefs??

tboss
Explorer
Explorer
rjxj wrote:
Did you provide the required clearances?
yes all requirements were met.

ronfisherman
When I was researching residential fridges. Haier was off the list because the owners manual stated that warranty was voided if installed in a recreational vehicle.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

azrving
Explorer
Explorer

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are these refrigerators electric and propane? Didn't know Lowe's or other hardware stores sold units for RV's?

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
I run magic chefs with no problems