Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leak Over Cab

HavingProblems7
Explorer
Explorer
Hi
Have had a leak at bunk area over cab for some time now
Have tried to locate leak & have repaired or corrected many items in trying to fix leak,no luck
Finally decided to change direction of Motorhome in driveway,now front of MH is 4 inches higher then rear of MH,no leak
This indicates to me that leak is at seam where roof material EPDM joins fiberglass material over cab.The RV dealer that sold me this MH did apply sealant at this joint but I feel he may have not used correct self leveling sealant & sealant is not adhering to rubber roof material allowing water to seep under sealant & then into bunk area.All indications tell me this is where leak is occurring
How difficult is it to remove existing sealant & once removed should I use ethenbond tape to cover cap at this joint &then apply self leveling sealant over tape & at edges???? Not sure correct way to proceed Help
5 REPLIES 5

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
There are plenty of places for the cab to leak and most of those will go away if you tilt the rig. As such - your diagnosis may not be accurate.

Consider spending a $100 or so and have your rig pressure tested - should identify all the leak sources and give you an understanding whether fixing is something you can do or whether you have to hire a pro.
Kevin

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Since when you changed the level of your MH the leak stopped my guess is, IF you have windowson the side it's the weep holes. Been there done that. Came close to letting some repair guy rip up my whole cab over up to fix leak he was SURE was there...when it was coming in from the window weep holes. :R

http://forums.woodalls.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29182064/gotomsg/29182814.cfm#29182814

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have side windows in the cab over??

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I would go with the Eternabond at the seam. The stuff sticks like crazy. The existing sealant shouldn't be too hard to remove, and if it is sticking, you can put the Eternabond right over it.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Check the marker lights, they crack with the sun and are hard to see, I had the center one cracked when with a bird strike, hard rain no problem, light rain or mist had water at upper center of window, first put tape on lights and then replaced all, no more leak.

navegator