cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

location of battery on a newmar dutchstar

BigAWB
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2000 Newmar Dutch Star diesel pusher with a diesel generator. I can't start the generator because the code says low battery. Can anyone help by telling me where the battery is located. As far a the coach its self, it starts fine. I usually can figure these things out for my self, but this one has me stumped. Thanks for any and all help.
3 REPLIES 3

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
2000 Newmar Diesel Pusher, the CHASSIS battery starts the Genset. IF the Diesel engine starts, but the Genset does NOT, then either the 12 volt battery cable system from the rear to the front has loose or corroded connections, or the Genset has a problem regardless of 12 volt supply. If your Chassis engine does NOT start, then that battery is your problem. The Chassis batteries are located in the Passenger side rear most compartment. The Coach batteries are also located in the same compartment. They are on a slide out tray. Doug

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Newmar will answer the question with a call to there companies tech help number.

The gen-set normally uses the chassis battery to start the gen-set. with a battery boost from the coach batteries.

http://www.newmarcorp.com/get-answers/

Have the last 5 of your VIN ready to give to them.

They still service every coach they've built.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
The generator uses the house batteries in some cases. It defiantly doesn't have its "own battery" chassis or house are the choices. Are your house battery's dead or low? Perhaps a loose connection ?
Bill