cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

no 12v in the coach

81shastaboy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 93 four winds 34q class a I don't have 12v when not plug in have new battrys I have power when plug in and run gen but nothing when unplug

thanks

don
lets hit the road
10 REPLIES 10

81shastaboy
Explorer
Explorer
found its the battry cables for the house and the coach looks it was chew
lets hit the road

81shastaboy
Explorer
Explorer
I do have lights in the cargo bays and one light in the drives area I don't have lights in the house no power to frige or water pump and the display
lets hit the road

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lots of great suggestions here. When you say no 12V is there ANY voltage and just not 12V? Have you tested the batts?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know how much they changed the 12V design in the intervening 13 years but on our previous 2006 Hurricane 34N, there was a small, black, push-button circuit breaker in a big black box about dead center at the top behind the hood. The box is partially obscured by wiring. We had to reset this breaker about every six months for some reason. It gives exactly the same problem you describe - 12V available whenever hooked to power but no 12V when disconnected.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you could turn your original post into a couple of complete sentences it would be very helpful.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Could also be battery disconnect solenoid. Had one fail in previous MH, would not latch in on position.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you haven't accidentally toggled the battery disconnect switch. Also - many rigs have auto reset circuit breaker near the battery (Google as it probably doesn't look like any fuse/breaker you would normally expect to see) ... when that goes toes up it takes the batteries off line.
Kevin

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
When the coach is plugged in or on the generator you're getting 12VDC from the converter. The problem could be a couple of things.

First double and triple check your battery configuration particularly if you are using multiple batteries and since you have new batteries. If everything worked before the new batteries were installed then check what was the last thing touched. Easy to connect them incorrectly if it isn't something you do everyday.

Next thing to try is the Aux Start switch with the coach unplugged and the generator off. Just turn on a convenient ceiling light and press the switch. If the light comes that confirm the storage or house battery disconnect set to distribute power to the house. I could be wrong on this one though. If will depend on how the DC power distribution network was designed.

Next check the if you have a large amperage fuse between the batteries and the distribution network. You could also have a circuit breaker rather than a fuse that needs reset.

Tells us what you find or if the suggestions don't help.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have an inverter, check for a tripped circuit breaker. Often it looks like a small button. More info is needed to help you more..could also be a bad solenoid in the transfer switch.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

MrWizard
blow fuse or bad connection, between converter/charger and the batteries
look for a fuse at or near the batteries or in the DC power panel
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service