cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold Settlement

k9dad
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone hear any info about the "final" Norcold settlement. I thought that the settlement was to have taken place sometime in Sept. or Oct. 2016. I registered and they acknowledged that they received it. No word since.
5 REPLIES 5

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
I believe they are still negotiating with the few parties that were not part of the class action suit over legal fees and final payments.

Last I had read Katuna is correct and the full settlement is a little north of $800 and will be paid over 3 years. This can be held up until the other parties outside the class action suit are made whole so subject to change.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
A full settlement is estimated to be around $800. Some only get partial shares.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
crasster wrote:
Haha,well if class actions prove anything, you can look forward to a check for less than $5 if it ever happens. For us we just went with a house fridge in the bounder, dorm in the Toyota, and dorm in the TT.

Bully for you. There is absolutely no reason for you to flip the bird. The OP as well as many of us (our RV was sold recently) have/had Norcold refrigerators due to those being OEM. Glad you have a residential model but do not mock those millions without.

In late December I contacted the lawyers of record concerning disbursement of the settlement. I was told it would be "soon" whatever their definition of "soon" might be. And to the earlier poster concerning the amount of the settlements: the court approved the plan as submitted so the amounts are fixed at the levels available online. What is not posted is how many respondents there were in each category. Meanwhile we wait. Lawyers already got their tens of millions!

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Haha,well if class actions prove anything, you can look forward to a check for less than $5 if it ever happens. For us we just went with a house fridge in the bounder, dorm in the Toyota, and dorm in the TT.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/closed-settlements/333999-norcold-rv-refrigerator-defect-class-action-settlement/

Looks like just a three year extended warranty and some repairs or replacement.

No check or notice at this end.