cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

R V Driving School

laurencestarr
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone tried R V Driving School in Atlanta, Ga? My wife is a little timid about driving our class A motor home and we would like for her to gain a little confidence.
35 ft Newmar Scottsdale
Laurence starr
9 REPLIES 9

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
The instructors of RV Driving school are very good.
Here in the Yuma area, Dan, instructs many women AND men.
All the ladies I know that have gone to the school, came back in driving their rv and backing in like pros.
If it is a lady taking lessons, the husband is require to ride along and not say a word. When the husbands get back, most will comment even they learn something.

The biggest issue that I have heard from our (Alfa) members, is the HUSBAND's do NOT want to give up driving. This is the biggest mistake.

What happens if you do not allow anyone to practice? Next thing you know, out of practice and wamb the husband has a serious medical issue.

So to the husbands, let them drive. Read a book, take a nap, play a game anything to keep you from telling them HOW to drive. Please.
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nothing will be experience. Bring her to a country road, deserted parking lot, so somewhere without traffic. Then just do it. There is NO paperwork or reads that can take away white knuckles.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

dnrnhrd
Explorer
Explorer
My wife, who had never driven an RV, took the course from RV Driving School. After the 2 day course, she felt confident enough to take the test for a class A license with the rig. She did everything right and passed, no problems. We have a 36 Ft Phaeton. Can't recommend them enough!

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another suggestion I've heard is to find a school bus driver that wants to earn a little extra on the side and can give her pointers and a few lessons so she is more comfortable. Truck drivers have a cab the moves independently of the trailer, no so with a motorhome or bus.

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
Try www.rvschool.com. Very good and thorough.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
What has she ever driven before, and for how many years??? What kind of motor home, gas or diesel?? Has she ever driven a bigger van or truck??
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
This is a good school: http://www.rvschool.com/school-locations/

laurencestarr wrote:
Has anyone tried R V Driving School in Atlanta, Ga? My wife is a little timid about driving our class A motor home and we would like for her to gain a little confidence.
35 ft Newmar Scottsdale

RLHAMILTON
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar with the Atlanta school, but FMCA has started one at their rallies. If you have motorhome.
DICK & JUDY HAMILTON
2012 WINNEBAGO JOURNEY
2017 EQUINOX TOAD
LIFETIME GOOD SAM MEMBER, FMCA, PP AMERICA
FMCA MEMBER F-386544

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of posts on this subject. Call a truck driving school and see of an instructor would give you some lessons.