cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

rear air bag suspenson

4621racing
Explorer
Explorer
93 Winnie Elante rear suspenson air bags won't inflate, compressor runs but no lift. any help, yall have always answered my questions so FIRE AWAY Ps worked good in Oct. 16 last outing. Thanks Jimmy
15 REPLIES 15

4621racing
Explorer
Explorer
The valve letting air to bags was stuck when we got it free it works ,Thanks ya'll Jimmy

4621racing
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks I will try to find dump valve

Bassman
Explorer
Explorer
It could be your dump valve.
Bassman
2004 Kountry Star 3706/330 CAT
Boat: 18' Tracker Tundra

4621_racing
Explorer
Explorer
Had this unit 14 years and no trouble till now, me and my drag racing crew think something is wrong with the box over the axle and will go a little deeper later .Thanks Jimmy

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
malexander wrote:
ahhh man....I thought someone was going to post something about their airbag's rear-end.

And BTW, mine does let a little air escape once in a while.:B

I know someone who's going to be in trouble if their wife reads the forum.

:B
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C

malexander
Explorer
Explorer
ahhh man....I thought someone was going to post something about their airbag's rear-end.

And BTW, mine does let a little air escape once in a while.:B
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 330 Cat DP, 2008 GL1800 Goldwing, Cessna 150 & 172, Rans S6S Coyote, Vans RV9A. Lifetime NRA, EAA, Good Sam member

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
4621racing wrote:
Air is not escaping and been stored for winter so I don't think any valves have been moved but something is restricting the air from getting to the bags . Thanks Jimmy

Ok - I didn't ask how long you had it so if you know the history and how it works then that helps. Mine had sat for a while and I had to feel my way around some creative engineering. Someone had added a feed off of the storage tank for air horns and also a manual valve behind the manual air feed (it must have been leaking).
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

4621racing
Explorer
Explorer
Air is not escaping and been stored for winter so I don't think any valves have been moved but something is restricting the air from getting to the bags . Thanks Jimmy

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
What happens when you put 100 PSI on the tap line? Where does it go? It's either going somewhere or nowhere. That is, it's all blasting out of a giant leak (which you'd hear) or hitting a hard stop somewhere. Check for manual valves that might have been installed and may be shut off. Worst case is you may need to isolate the line for each bag and inflate them individually.

My bags are probably 30-years old and are holding up fine. It doesn't sound like the air is getting where it needs to.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well air is either not pumping or if it is pumping it is escaping. One way or another... Which valve are you saying is not opening?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

4621_racing
Explorer
Explorer
24 years old but have been under rear and no air escaping just can' get to air bags some type of restriction like valve not opening. Thanks Jimmy

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
How old are the air bags?
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

Nomadac
Explorer
Explorer
Your air bags may have weather cracks and leaking. I had to replace both of my rear air bags, plus the coating on the metal drum peeled off and caused it to leak.
Arnie
2003 Travel Supreme MH
38KSO1 Cummins ISC 350HP
2004 Honda Pilot w/SMI Air Force One Brake Sys.
1963 Pontiac Grand Prix 20' Enclosed Car Trailer

4621_racing
Explorer
Explorer
We put 100 psi in tap line and it still will not air up but comp will run