cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

replaceing couch

blknomad
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Itasca sunstar that has the crapola couch with the section that slides out. I would like to know what any of you have replaced one of these with. I would like real world information no suggestions please. Pictures would be nice.
10 REPLIES 10

fortytwo
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 30T Sunstar. Walked into Lazy Days parts store today looking for a sewer hose; spotted a Eurochair swivel recliner with the leg rest attached in Lazy Boy style. Business apparently slow. Sales rep came over to the RV Park with me to look at the couch. Said he would help remove, and in about 20 minutes had it down to a couple of lag screws.
Went back to the store, bought two chairs and they delivered them 20 minutes later, took the couch out, and brought the chairs inside.

Note, the slide is not deep enough for the Euro style chair to recline if the base is fully inside the carpeted area - not a "wall hugger" style. Slide floor is above the coach floor so to enable recline I had to slide the base ring to extend about 8 inches beyond the slide floor. To stabilize I put 3 of the plastic leveling blocks under the front of each ring. Bingo! Hokey looking, but works. At some point I'll construct a circular segment, covered with carpet so it will slide, and attach it to the slide floor so they move as one.
Wes
"A beach house isn't just real estate. It's a state of mind." Pole Sitter in Douglas Adams MOSTLY HARMLESS

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Previous owner put this love seat in when he replaced the windshield

It was all one peice I had to sawzall it it get it out. I wanted a couch to sleep on in case my kids wanted to come with us so I got a magic bed. Came through the front door.

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Mastercraft in Shipshewana makes RV furniture. They are the greatest people to work with. Will make anything you want. They sold us fabric to recover our captains chairs up front and then put us in touch with a person who would do the work. She actually works for them and moonlights on the side doing upholstery work. Large showroom on the highway right in Shipshewana. They also sell hide-a-beds for RV's with air mattresses, etc.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
I replaced a loveseat/bed last fall a dual recliner I found on Amazon. With the backs off if fit thru the door with about an inch to spare.

Before -

After -

As delivered -
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Gottahaveit
We had 2 full sized couches and replaced 1 with 2 Euro chairs with foot stools. Actually bought them from Countryside Interiors in OR and they took out the couch and eventually sold it on consignment. Sweet deal to say the least
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

drwwicks
Explorer
Explorer
On my Raptor toy hauler 5th wheel, I removed the couch/bed/torture device in pieces and bought 2 "Best Brand" swivel rocker recliners. Had ring bases, were the petite size and model. Fit great, like the LB, the backs came off and very comfortable to sit and even nap. I saved the couch assembly and put it back in when I sold it. Sold the recliners separately on CL.
2007 Itasca Horizon 40FD
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2015 Harley Davidson FLHTKL

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
doxiemom11 wrote:
Many people use Lazy Boy recliners because the backs come off for getting them into the rv.
That is exactly what I did last month. I had to take the back off the couch to get it out the door. I think it was 4 bolts to take back off. Then removed backs off two LazyBoy recliners and took them through the door. Both the couch and the recliners were a tight fit even with back off.
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many people use Lazy Boy recliners because the backs come off for getting them into the rv.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just be mindful about the only clearence you may have to get something different into the area is your unit door... Some folks I have heard have to take out a window or something to get something bigger and better inside the RV...

I would want know what would fit and how to get it all inside before dumping money on changing something...

Roy ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Mill540 just posted last week about replacing theirs, zero clearance reclining loveseat. search above for new loveseat, it'll come right up.