cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Used class c

Scanmom
Explorer
Explorer
So, we're new to rving, and are looking at a class c sunseeker 2860 (2015), that has 4000 miles on it. The dealer says he can get it down to 64,000 dollars. And that's with absolutely no haggling. This seems like a decent deal, but we're wondering if it really is, and how much should we offer? Thanks for any advice!!
9 REPLIES 9

laserdogs
Explorer
Explorer
There is a group on Facebook called RV Pricing and Values. You might want to check it out.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with others. A new one is not going to be that much more (or at least what you should be able to get it for). If you are buying used to save money or perhaps have a lower budget, then you should really look beyond a couple years old and go at least 5 years or more. The savings will be significant, meaning you can get more for your money. The problem with buying a newer one (few years old) is that people owe not much less than what they paid for it. If they paid $70k 2 years ago, then they probably still owe between $65-68k today. Now of course, they could of put $10k down. But the private party book value is not going to be close to what they paid for it (and don't even bother to see what a dealer will give you for it). While they may have put $10k down, they aren't going to get that money back. At least not all of it. They more than likely will lose around half off it. The fact is that RV's lose value. Pretty quickly at the beginning and then around 10 years or so they start to start losing less at slower rate.

We have owned 2 pop ups, a TT and now a Class C. We bought all of them new with exception of one of the pop ups. And the one that we bought used, I got a really good deal on and ended up trading it in with our TT for our Class C. The dealer gave us twice what we bought the pop up for. Good used pop ups are hard to find and people are wanting crazy prices for their crappy ones. I watched the listings for about a month on craigslist and jumped on the one we bought as soon as I hit. Made an offer a little lower than what they were asking and they accepted. Worked out good. We had intentions of using the pop up, but before we could use it, we decided to trade up. I could of easily sold it on my own for about 2.5 of what we paid for it, especially if I would of waited for warmer weather.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
a class C motorhome's overhead bunk either is leaking, has leaked or will leak. pay a little more and get new.
bumpy

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
At 64K, a brand new unit would not cost much more. Peruse RV Trader and use the search feature to narrow down to what you are looking for.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Save yourself 30,000 and go two years older.. All you are losing is your money.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
We were at a dealer open house last month. The brand new Sunseekers were in the mid to upper-60s. I suggest you go to rvdirect.com and request a quote on a new one. Then take 25% off that. Then offer lower.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
Print that add and ask the dealer to match it.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida
2009 Leisure Travel Serenity

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
$64k without haggling? Start at $50k.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MobileBasset
Explorer
Explorer
There's one on RVTrader right now for 59,500 with 2800 miles.
MobileBasset
2014 Itasca Spirit 25B on Chevy Express 3500 chassis
Daisy and Hank the Basset Hounds