cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coleman NXT Voyager

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
We just ordered a new Motorhome that comes with an attachment for an outside gas grill. I am a charcoal guy and have a Weber Smokey Joe (the 18" model) that we usually took with us when we had the Travel Trailer. I have never found a small gas grill I like. We had a Weber Q for awhile. I liked the grill as far as being well built and easy to clean but I could never sear meat without over cooking the meat. The grill grate just never got hot enough. I had the smallest model and thought maybe the larger models would be better. My neighbor got the larger model Q grill and he let me cook on it a few times and I had the same issue.

I ended up buying a Coleman NXT Voyager. It comes with a 10' hose to hookup to your Motorhome gas connection. Since I don't have the motorhome yet, I purchased the optional adapter where you can use the small Coleman propane tanks. I have cooked on this grill several times and I really like it! I can sear a steak where the meat is still pink in the middle. I can get the grill very hot. I have cooked steaks, burgers and chicken so far and have been very happy. I still prefer to use my charcoal grill (I think charcoal gives better flavor) but I am looking forward to using this grill on the Motorhome. Sometimes I just don't feel like setting up the charcoal grill so this will be a nice addition to the motorhome. The only negative is the clean up. It's not bad, but I have to wipe out the bottom with a wet paper towel to clean up the grease. It does have a drip pan underneath but you still have to clean the bottom of the grill as all the grease doesn't get to the drip pan. With the charcoal grill, I just dump the old charcoal and I'm done. If anyone is looking for a grill for their motorhome you might want to check out the Coleman.

Burch
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)
6 REPLIES 6

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here is a picture with the regulator-adapter for the small propane cans.

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
fpoole wrote:
... and just a "Heads up"..
The Motorhome outside connection might be a Low Pressure outlet connection so you'll have the High Pressure gas hose reduced twice, once on the motorhome and again on the BBQ regulator...

I had that problem along with others, so you just might check it out. Hopefully the MFG got it right, but???

While it can be adapted, you'll end up with a "Frankensteeeen", heheh movie, adaptor...

Good luck..

There isn't a regulator on the grill. I had to purchase a separate regulator that has the small propane tank connection to be able to use the grill without the motorhome. I actually had a hard time finding the adaptor with the regulator online. All the adaptors I found were for a similar model Coleman grill that did have the regulator on the grill. I ended up having to call Coleman and ordered the part directly from them. I will try and take a picture of the setup tonight when I get home.

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
JC2 wrote:

Just curious but how close to the side are grills that "attach" to an rv. The ones I've seen are way to close for my comfort level.

Just an FYI, you can get longer hoses.. I have an 8-10' hose that theoretically will attach to the LP camper external hose.. The problem is, as I noted earlier, is that it's a Low Pressure quick connect..

But you can get almost any length of hose so keeping it away from the camper is not a problem.

Hope that helps..

ps, for standup grills, I've seen some that attach to the bumper or like on the campers etc..
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
JC2 wrote:
Just curious but how close to the side are grills that "attach" to an rv. The ones I've seen are way to close for my comfort level.

This model does not attach to the side of the motorhome. I purchased a small portable table to set it on.

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
... and just a "Heads up"..
The Motorhome outside connection might be a Low Pressure outlet connection so you'll have the High Pressure gas hose reduced twice, once on the motorhome and again on the BBQ regulator...

I had that problem along with others, so you just might check it out. Hopefully the MFG got it right, but???

While it can be adapted, you'll end up with a "Frankensteeeen", heheh movie, adaptor...

Good luck..
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
MetalGator wrote:
We just ordered a new Motorhome that comes with an attachment for an outside gas grill. I am a charcoal guy and have a Weber Smokey Joe (the 18" model) that we usually took with us when we had the Travel Trailer. I have never found a small gas grill I like. We had a Weber Q for awhile. I liked the grill as far as being well built and easy to clean but I could never sear meat without over cooking the meat. The grill grate just never got hot enough. I had the smallest model and thought maybe the larger models would be better. My neighbor got the larger model Q grill and he let me cook on it a few times and I had the same issue.

I ended up buying a Coleman NXT Voyager. It comes with a 10' hose to hookup to your Motorhome gas connection. Since I don't have the motorhome yet, I purchased the optional adapter where you can use the small Coleman propane tanks. I have cooked on this grill several times and I really like it! I can sear a steak where the meat is still pink in the middle. I can get the grill very hot. I have cooked steaks, burgers and chicken so far and have been very happy. I still prefer to use my charcoal grill (I think charcoal gives better flavor) but I am looking forward to using this grill on the Motorhome. Sometimes I just don't feel like setting up the charcoal grill so this will be a nice addition to the motorhome. The only negative is the clean up. It's not bad, but I have to wipe out the bottom with a wet paper towel to clean up the grease. It does have a drip pan underneath but you still have to clean the bottom of the grill as all the grease doesn't get to the drip pan. With the charcoal grill, I just dump the old charcoal and I'm done. If anyone is looking for a grill for their motorhome you might want to check out the Coleman.

Burch

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487