cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chromebook week one

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up a Samsung Chromebook last week and am very happy with it. Google Docs handles my files created when I was paying for Microsoft Office and surfing the net is quicker than my Windows 10 laptop. Only downside so far is that my Hauppauge TV tuner will not work. Miss the "del" key. Very quick startup and no sluggishness when doing all the Window updates in the background. Not that enthusiastic about using the Cloud for storage but a 128 GB SD card will help with that.
9 REPLIES 9

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Chromebook was great for emails and searching the web, but I gave it up as it couldn't begin to handle my pictures.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

5thwheeleroldma
Explorer
Explorer
The 2740DW is a combo scanner, copier and wireless printer. I'm not very tech, but I think the scanner and copier are standalone features, do not depend on computer connections. My worry is about getting the chromebook and printer talking to each other over the internet so I can print recipes, statements, letters for snailmail, etc.

I know I have had problems with wireless connections before, and apparently others have too. Guess I'll try it and return the printer, chromebook, or both if I can't make it work.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Starting to have some questions. How about using a scanner?

5thwheeleroldma
Explorer
Explorer
Brother MFCL2740DW Wireless Monochrome Printer ----- this is the printer I'm thinking of using w/ the chromebook I will order. It's a higher end printer that supposedly has a screen. Hopefully that will make printer setup easier.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I got a chromebook several months back... My first impression was great.. I took it out of the box and prepared for another marathon set up session..
Took about a minute... Not the "pack a lunch" of Windows 10.

Using it now.. Some things are a pain, but it works well and fast... Cloud print is not always possible for me however .. though I have a work around there too.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't had any problems at all with printing. I forget the specifics of what I did to set it up, but I remember it being easy.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

5thwheeleroldma
Explorer
Explorer
Are you guys able to print w/chromebook? I know it takes a wireless printer, but problems?

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using a Chromebook since May of 2016 and I absolutely love it!
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

trb46
Explorer
Explorer
I love my Chromebook. Great battery life, light weight, perfect for web surfing and email.
2011 Four Winds 23A
Only 48 more states to visit!