cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cougar 22rbswe Satelliite Connection

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
New to us Cougar 22rbswe travel trailer has a satellite connection at the rear of the trailer that says satellite prep. There is also a park cable connection. At the tv there is the powered cable coax connection and a loop connection. No explanation for anything.

I tried connecting my dish sat pod to the sat prep the tried connecting to either side of the loop with no luck. Any thoughts?
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.
6 REPLIES 6

ICamel
Explorer
Explorer
Surprisingly, a previous RV had the satellite and OTA cables reversed when manufactured. Once that was deduced it was easy to hook them up correctly.
ICamel

2017 Arctic Fox 992
2005 Ford F350 Lariat SuperDuty CrewCab 4x4 + 6 Speed Manual + 19.5" Tires + LoadLifter 5000 Rear Air Bags
2005 16' River Wild Drift Boat
Honda EU2000i
Trophytrout FlyFisherman

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
The cable marked satellite should run to to a wall plate which may or may not have a tiny push button or slide switch. There could be a 2nd plate beside this. I don't remember exactly how this setup worked but if you put the jumper in the correct connections y I u bypassed the cable and OTA inputs and get satellite. This would be located where the 211 receiver would be located. If you remove the wall plate you should be able to find the other end of the satellite input coaxnas it must be a direct run from outside to inside without any splitters to work properly.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hang in there! What you are suppose to do is go the dealer and have them buy and install all of their expensive equipment! :S

There could possibly be a filter or switch in the coax or a screw or...
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm using a Portable Dish Tailgstor with 211k receiver. I have been using it for years but first with this trailer that is suppose to be satellite ready.
I will try the continuity suggestion first so I can see where the satellite in signal is going to. Then if it still does not work I will try the direct connection.
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bypass all RV coax with another coax. Does it work?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You will need to test the Sat marked cable to other end in coach.
Use an Ohmmeter test for continuity between center conductor and shield with a jumper shorting them. I normally use short coax cable for testing so as not to damage interior cable fittings.
What sat equipment are you using?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker