cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time

Hopkins4852
Explorer
Explorer

I’m new to camping so looking for the top tips of things I should have on hand . I just bought a 22’ RV and I want to enjoy it as much as I can. I can use all the help I can get from the community. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad

Instead of driveway I would pick a campground near your home. You will find the list of "what to have on hand" depends on type of rig, type of person, and type of rving.  Basics would include qualified water hose w/pressure regulator. Sewer hose maybe total 20', full propane tanks. Good wheel chocks help keep rig from moving. Last but for far not last, a comfy chair, cold beverage and good weather. 

Enjoy

Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II

Load the camper up with everything you think you need to go camping for a week. Then go camping in the driveway. Don’t cheat, don’t go in the house. Once a day go in the house for a max of 5 minutes to get the things you found out you needed but didn’t bring. By the end of the week you should have about 95% of what you need to hit the road so it’s time to go (the other 5% you can pick up as you go).