cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gmail Problem

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using Gmail for years, and it's always worked well.

Recently, when trying to send emails, the "insert" button doesn't show , which prevents entering anything in the "TO" or the "BCC" fields.
It doesn't work in Edge, Firefox, or even Chrome.

I even tried downloading other browsers as a test, such as Brave and Vivaldi..same issue.

It appears to be a glitch in Gmail itself, IMO.

Have any of you noticed this issue? Thanks for your observations.

EDIT: I just found something interesting. It seems the "INSERT" button is hidden behind the taskbar. If I click on the right spot at the top of the taskbar I can get it to work; still not right, but doable. :C
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)
10 REPLIES 10

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE: I've noticed that my Gmail works as it should in Brave browser, which I've just downloaded. I'll continue to use Brave since I know it's a good browser, having used it before.

I appreciate all the tips you folks have given me. :C

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I went looking and I found insert buttons of various types at the bottom of the "COMPOSE" window of gmail. Never use 'em

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
May not help for this but seeing as you only have the help of one hand you might see if any keyboard shortcuts can help in general by mapping combo's to things you use regularly.
Link
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

chrisguld
Explorer
Explorer
Just because you mentioned being one-handed ...
Do you know about sticky keys? It's a setting that allows you to 'hold down the Ctrl key' just by tapping it. It's a keyboard setting under Accessibility. You can also turn it on by tapping the Shift key 5 times. You'll see this message.

Do you want to turn on Sticky Keys?
Sticky Keys lets you use the SHIFT, CTRL, ALT, or Windows Logo keys by pressing one key at a time. The keyboard shortcut to turn on Sticky Keys is to press the SHIFT key 5 times.
Disable this keyboard shortcut in Ease of Access keyboard settings
Chris Guld
"Blessed are the Flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape!"
Full time in our 37' Gulfstream Endura Super C
See our weblog/travelog, at GeeksOnTour.Blogspot.com
RV.net Blogger

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your replies and suggestions, folks.

But as I mentioned in my edited post, If I click on the right spot on top of the taskbar, I can get it to work OK. I can live with that fine.

opnspaces, I'll keep your suggestion in mind. Thanks. Problem is, I can only use one hand and it wouldn't be possible to hold down CTRL and scroll the mouse simultaneously.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Any chance you can take a picture of your screen so we can see what you mean? Are you on a Microsoft PC? Win 10 or 11? Or an apple product?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Using Chrome I have a button to the right of the address field that says BC/CC
Click on it or CTRL-SHIFT-B (Blind copy) or CTRL-SHIFT-C (Courtesy copy)

They popped up the proper fields.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Try lowering the browser screen resolution. I typically use ctrl and the mouse scroll wheel to change the magnification. You might have inadvertently zoomed into 200 percent or something.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
No problems with Gmail for me, although I don't know what this insert button is - I use CTRL-V

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
No. I use Gmail exclusively. 5 accounts without issue.