Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unlimited internet

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Apparently Unlimitedville now has plans with the big four carriers.

http://www.unlimitedville.com/
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
22 REPLIES 22

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi all,

I noticed something on my recent visit to Canada. T-Mobile piggybacks on Bell. But--it uses a T-Mobile IP address. That means that when in Canada I have access to the USA Netflix!
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been in 3G only area without any additional charges. The data is unlimited but the speeds appear not to be.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
greenrvgreen wrote:
I agree. Especially seeing this is at 4g speeds.

Even at 3g speeds it's possible to download well over 100gb a month. Half a terrabyte would seem reasonable here and well beyond any wholesale agreement done with VZ. Don't see how it can last without throttling.

In the link in the OP's original post, it says that the unlimited is for 4g connections. We ran into an issue with Sprint's "unlimited" internet when we were being charged extra every month. It seems that the "unlimited" applied to 4g but not to 3g.

Bill J., Lexington, KY
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
delete
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Do a search on Ebay for similar items
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-Unlimited-Data-Business-Plan-4g-LTE-XLTE-MHS291L-Jetpack-Hotspot-Wifi-/111974327419?hash=item1a1230a47b:g:xNEAAOSwhcJWO~gA
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
I see those speeds on FreedomPop and RingPlus that both use Sprint. I asked never because I do know what speeds Sprint is capable of and if you never went higher, it does sound like it is throttled. AT&T is capable of wicked high speeds too but my Cricket never goes over 8 Mbps because it is throttled.

Band does play a big part as well as device and signal. You should be able to get to the mifi's management page by typing 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 into the adress bar while connected. There you should find a status page that will tell you signal strength and band. I can switch between 3G and LTE but the device chooses what of the three LTE bands it wants to use.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
JiminDenver wrote:
You have NEVER seen better than 6 Mbps?

A lot has to do with which of the three Sprint LTE bands you are on but band 41 hits the mid 30s in Denver at 3 pm and 50's at night. It really only takes a few Mbps to give a comfortable feel to most things besides large downloads.

Correct. NEVER. I am not in Denver and I have no idea what band the MiFi is assigned to, how to find out which or how to change the band. Are you on the Unlimitedville plan as well and seeing those kinds of speeds?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
JiminDenver wrote:

A lot has to do with which of the three Sprint LTE bands you are on but band 41 hits the mid 30s in Denver at 3 pm and 50's at night. It really only takes a few Mbps to give a comfortable feel to most things besides large downloads.

Yup, it's all BS for sure. Terrible that we work hard for our money just so we can give to those who hold us hostage cause we need to have that part of our lives.....But they knew that when they invented it so you have to pay to play. No biggie if $$ is not a question
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
Oh I know of the Sprint thread, just not that they have the others yet.

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
JiminDenver wrote:
.. I haven't even seen this on HF yet. ...
HF has a thread with 100 pages (so far).

US Prepaid/MVNO Discussion
General Prepaid discussion
LINK
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use the Unlimitedville Sprint unlimited data for about $50/month. It requires a business and a 2 year contract but I am OK with both of those. The speeds have not been very good with my best being 6MB up and down and an average speed of around 2-3MB up and down. I have hit a couple of 3G areas but speeds don't seem to change much. It looks to me as though they are throttling the 4g to 6MB max the same way Karma did for their offering (5MB, but same thing in my view). Unlimitedville wrote offering a $25 referral fee but I am not going to make a recommendation when it is clearly NOT unlimited SPEED or Sprint is lying about the speed there LTE service can provide.

MrWizard
yeah i wasn't happy when they raised it
every month i look at the bill, and wonder where the extra cost comes from
and then come on here , and go oh yeah!
OH WELL better than paying the same money for less data
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
I had unlimited data with Verizon for years. At about 30$/mo, it was worth buying my own hardware to keep it. Then it went to 45$/mo. The family budget said no. So now I pay 45$/mo for 6gig and and that is only for road months (about 5) the rest will be 15$/mo for 1gig which works fine at home.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.