cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Well... I see a new trend

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
On YouTube, so far 2 of the RV channels have gotten a new Dish satellite system... How many more will post videos? Let's see.. Last month it was a cell phone booster... **** YouTube is turning into a infomercial channel! Like we don't know these slackers are getting this stuff for free
Proud father of a US Marine
20 REPLIES 20

ghooos
Explorer
Explorer
This has been happening right along, and some YTubers tell you right up front that they've gotten the items free. Many times you can at least see how they install them.

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
I like watching YouTube as well, but I already pay $70 a month for internet, and watch a commercial before, during, and after ever video I play. I don't need to send money to people who think taking videos and posting them requires more money on my part. Like I said, when YouTube starts charging for its content, I will quit watching it. With the amount of commercials they have now, its as bad as watching TV.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
winniman wrote:
Half or most of them are E beggars. You can hardly get through a video without them prompting you to support them on Patrion, or buy their merchandise. Most of them have links to products they are pushing in their headliner that they get a kick back from. Seems like there are getting to be too many of them trying to get viewers to pay for them to rv. Many are young people. You got to wonder what their retirement will look like in 30 years, when they have not saved a nickel, and have never had a real job. Maybe I should have retired at 25, and went rving. Please, could everyone send me 20 bucks so I can rv at no expense to myself. Thank you in advance.

No one is forcing you to pay,,I never do,they make money from Ad revenue anyway.
Retirement LOL,chanels with milions subscribers take in so much money they dont ever need to worry about working,
Its the new world out there.
Thats why so many people do YT

I like to see diferent countries
And could never aford to go so YT vids are great escape while siting at home for example
Japan
https://youtu.be/3_8KU0cvl4A

China
https://youtu.be/Yoqj-gmDgkM

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:
There are RV channels on youtube?

Whole bunch o them actualy,
Some people who arent able to travel or in other countries love to watch them.
Nomadic fanatic is interesting
Cheap RV living too
Many others too just search for Van living or bus conversion or whatever and its there
Australian campers have some great designs

I mostly like technical advice and YT has everything from car truck repairs to RV stuff
This guy has good info on electric

DIY solar with Will Prowse

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
Just got home from work. All I wanted to do was watch some football. But kept getting interrupted by commercials. I am officially done with tv and all these companies begging me to purchase their products.

I gave up TV long time ago,when Internet came,now on YT I can just swipe and turn the adds off.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
There are RV channels on youtube?

Lincoln4
Explorer
Explorer
Time to "Rage Quit" YouTube?
Tom & Jana fulltiming in the driveway. Hitting the road June 1.
Plus Roswald and Piper, The Wonder Chugs!
2008 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA
Looking for a new Toad...

My blog

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Gdetrailer wrote:
DFord wrote:
You folks haven't seen anything yet. A few days ago, the courts made the death of "Net Neutrality" official. The BIG players and internet providers can now control everything about the way you access the internet. Money rules! BIG Money corrupts everything it touches.

"Net Neutrality" was a COMPLETELY UNENFORCEABLE FARCE piece of legislation.

Would have ultimately COST TAX PAYERS AND ALL USERS in higher taxes PLUS ADDITIONAL SERVICE FEES which would have been passed on to YOU the CONSUMER WHO BUYS AND USES THE INTERNET CONNECTION.

Additionally by attempting to "level the playing field" you now squash out any additional technological advances which would increase bandwidth and equipment because now there would no longer be any incentive for companies to do R&D or spend money on upgrading infrastructure.

So what, your "You tube" channel may not be quite as fast as someone else s, WHO CARES?? As long as it doesn't buffer it WILL STILL WORK fine.
You're out of touch with reality. Your cost to connect to the internet (which is already higher in the USA for poorer service than other developed nations) is going up even more as providers strengthen their hold. The big will get bigger as they buy the smaller competition up and raise rates. Bigger has never meant better throughout my lifetime - only more costly.

Net neutrality proponents issue warnings after court decision
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
DFord wrote:
You folks haven't seen anything yet. A few days ago, the courts made the death of "Net Neutrality" official. The BIG players and internet providers can now control everything about the way you access the internet. Money rules! BIG Money corrupts everything it touches.

"Net Neutrality" was a COMPLETELY UNENFORCEABLE FARCE piece of legislation.

Would have ultimately COST TAX PAYERS AND ALL USERS in higher taxes PLUS ADDITIONAL SERVICE FEES which would have been passed on to YOU the CONSUMER WHO BUYS AND USES THE INTERNET CONNECTION.

Additionally by attempting to "level the playing field" you now squash out any additional technological advances which would increase bandwidth and equipment because now there would no longer be any incentive for companies to do R&D or spend money on upgrading infrastructure.

So what, your "You tube" channel may not be quite as fast as someone else s, WHO CARES?? As long as it doesn't buffer it WILL STILL WORK fine.

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Due to it's nature, the web does not need nor often produce high-end professional content. Of course, we have professionals and amateurs supplying content for various reasons. That's the web, that's how it functions.

Amateurs have a place, as do the Pros. One major difference tho, cheap amateur content often replaces a requirement for professional content, and makes it much more difficult for Pros to earn a living producing quality visual products. Same thing happened to magazines and news media years ago. Everyone bought a digital, snapped a million images, got lucky every once in a while, and overwhelmed those Pros that worked hard to get product, and could not then, and still can't compete with an editor that accepts low-grade imaging -- the publish today content, then gone tomorrow content mentality as Inbox overflows when over the transom visual content arrives, and carries with it a mini-fee, if a fee at all. Some give it away just so -- 'Look mom, I got my photo / visual published, I must be a professional now' The artist behind a camera has become a technical mechanic instead.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
LittleBill wrote:
winniman wrote:
Half or most of them are E beggars. You can hardly get through a video without them prompting you to support them on Patrion, or buy their merchandise. Most of them have links to products they are pushing in their headliner that they get a kick back from. Seems like there are getting to be too many of them trying to get viewers to pay for them to rv. Many are young people. You got to wonder what their retirement will look like in 30 years, when they have not saved a nickel, and have never had a real job. Maybe I should have retired at 25, and went rving. Please, could everyone send me 20 bucks so I can rv at no expense to myself. Thank you in advance.

have you ever made a decent video? do you know how long that takes?

people that are supporting themselves through youtube are spending 50+ hours making video's if they have no other income. constantly creating content take a lot of work, if you don't want to support them then fine, but don't ***** if your watching for free. NOTHING in this world is free. and the successful ones are making decent money

You must be one of them to be so upset about it. YouTube is supposed to be free, and paid for by the advertisers. I refuse to donate one nickel. If they want me to pay, I will stop watching. Also, I have several hundred videos of my own on YouTube. I don't have professional gear or editing, and only do it for my own personal reasons. I have documented three years of travel, and don't expect any money from anyone for it.

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
LittleBill wrote:
winniman wrote:

have you ever made a decent video? do you know how long that takes?

people that are supporting themselves through youtube are spending 50+ hours making video's if they have no other income. constantly creating content take a lot of work, if you don't want to support them then fine, but don't ***** if your watching for free. NOTHING in this world is free. and the successful ones are making decent money

I don't care how long it takes to make a video.. According to a lot of them, it's their "JOB" so why shouldn't it take them 50 plus hours? I work that every week and I'm not on a permanent vacation! So I do not feel sorry for them at all
Proud father of a US Marine

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
mich800 wrote:
Just got home from work. All I wanted to do was watch some football. But kept getting interrupted by commercials. I am officially done with tv and all these companies begging me to purchase their products.
I don't watch any pro sports, but I did notice when my grandson was watching the football game, it was more like the commercials were interrupted by a football game. Kind of like the old hockey joke.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"