cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windows 11 Dropbox Issue

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
I cannot access my my Dropbox account on my Win 11 desktop.. Everytime I try to get in, I get the following message..

Uh oh! Seems like this widget is not configured properly.
localhost domain does not match any Chooser/Saver domains. Register app domains on app settings

I don't have a Dropbox widget and everything I find when searching INET makes no sense to me. Dropbox customer support is useless to me... any ideas?

Happy Camping.. Be Safe
4 REPLIES 4

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
DD716 thanks for your feedback and you are now good to go. Cheers

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
Good Grief... I didn't realize I had two issues... NamMedevac 70'd solution corrected the problem on my wifes Windows 10 machine, and StonedPanther corrected problem with my Windows 11 Desktop... Thanks to both of you.. People like you are what makes this forum so useful to many of us.. Thanks again DD716TED

StonedPanther
Explorer III
Explorer III
DD716TED wrote:

I don't have a Dropbox widget

Evidently you do.

Can you access it HERE?

When was the last time you ran Windows Update?

Go to Start/Settings/Personalization/Taskbar and shut off Widgets under Taskbar Items. They suck and are a resource hog.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Okay sport I just now solved a similar problem that may or may not help you.

1. click On your wifi icon in the tray

2. then click on properties for the wifi name you
are using for internet connection.

3. Near the top of that settings page you will see IP Assignment and below that DNS assignment and make sure both are in the Automatic DHCP mode.

4. Even if they show Automatic mode then make sure by clicking on the Edit button and cycling between Manual and Automatic Mode and leaving the Automatic Mode On. You will have to be the Administrator to edit this function.

I learned this on my own thru trial and error after receiving notice in red that my IP addresses had been set and then the web pages would not load while some others would. Good luck to you.

This is what happened to me when many of my web pages would not load by either Google Chrome or MS Edge browsers.