cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Advice on repair

Goldbrick
Explorer
Explorer
I recently had a jammed knife valve on the black holding tank replaced. As it was within a closed in area of the fifth wheel it was beyond my abilities and to difficult for me at my age (75)to repair. I have two questions....
First: The repair was fine except for the fact that there is a slight leak at the valve leaking into the bottom of the fifth wheel which as you can imagine is aromatic to say the least. Do you agree that the facility that repaired the valve should do two things ....repair the leak and clean up what mess there is at no cost to me? (the repair cost $400 labor and parts)
Second: I assume the facility may not want to do anything without additional cost to me....that being the case...any suggestions on cleaning the mess and removing the odor that occurred as result of the leak would be welcome!
5 REPLIES 5

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Read this slowly three times, and then ask yourself what the answer is.

The repair was fine, but it leaks.

Hmm.... Seems pretty clear to me. Now, as pointed out by Old Biscuit, it depends I suppose on your definition of 'recent'

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Okay I will ask
What facility?
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
First...
The repair was NOT fine.....it leaks!

Second...
YES the 'repair' should be FIXED and cleaned at no additional costs

Provided this was JUST recently done......not weeks/months ago. Time-line?

Clean up....
Reopen area...remove/replace any insulation and BLEACH everything
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
You got ripped in the first place. And YES the facility should absolutely make it right.