cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Furnished or unfurnished....Day/night shades or curtains

Freenanu
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I need your opinions...we need to sell our 2008 Sunnybrook 5th wheel due to hubby's health. We have removed the well used living room furniture & mattress to use in the house we are renting. We have stored the Window Cornice Boxes with the day/night shades and have curtains up at the windows. Should we furnish the rig or sell unfurnished (furniture & mattress)? Should we reinstall the window cornice boxes & day/night shades or leave curtains/rods?
9 REPLIES 9

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
We are full timers sofa and stock recliners long gone. Replaced all the day/night shades withcustom soft blinds and dumped the fabric header and sidepanels. Yanked the headboard built a new one of oak to match the rest of the wood cabinetry.
I's our home we bought for the floor plan not the decoration.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I would include photos with all options in the ad, if possible. Photos with blinds and furniture, photos, with curtains and no furniture. Maybe you have some old pics from before the changes?

Then state in the ad that buyers can have it whichever way they prefer.

Many people cannot look at an unfurnished place and imagine it furnished. They need to see something.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Elizabeth24
Explorer
Explorer
I would remove the rods and put back the shades if they are in good shape, but as for the furniture I would leave that out if it is showing wear. I know when we purchased a used 5th wheel we requested that the seller remove the recliners as it was my intention to purchase new ones that matched. Did not want he hassle of disposing of old ones. Most folks also replace the mattress especially if it is soiled or old.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd have to agree that you won't get a very good price selling a stripped down 5th wheel.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I have removed the day/night shades in the bedroom and installed mini blinds. I have the shades stored for a future buyer. My current rig I purchased without a sofa. That was ok. I found one I really liked. IMO, I would have the window cornices, shades available and leave the drapes up. The furniture is debatable,
No furniture equals lesser price? Might want to consider buying furniture for your new place and putting rv furniture back in?

Freenanu
Explorer
Explorer
rjxj wrote:
Is it a bunkhouse by chance? ๐Ÿ™‚
Not a bunkhouse. It is a Titan 33ckts.

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
The depends, do you want top dollar for it or do you just want to get rid of it for pennies on the dollar?

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
You should make the unit look as much like it came from the factory as possible. An unfurnished RV with no window coverings will be very hard to sell, and when it does, it will not command a very high price.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer