cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hot water heater bypass? Coachmen Apex

acritzer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can anyone tell me if the Apex 300bhs has a hot water heater bypass and if so where it might be?

I'm guessing it is under the fridge but I haven't opened the panel yet to check.
I finally found the water pump but don't see any kind of bypass there so I'm hoping it's closer to the actual water heater.

Thanks
New camper=lots of new questions.
4 REPLIES 4

acritzer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep. My wife made me trek outside once again so I opened it up. It's there, under the fridge.

Thanks

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
acritzer wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the Apex 300bhs has a hot water heater bypass and if so where it might be?

Coachmen installs the water heater in Freedom Express models with a bypass so I'd have to believe they do the same with their Apex series. Water heater bypass is always at the water heater, has nothing to do with the pump.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

acritzer
Explorer II
Explorer II
downtheroad wrote:
Not familiar with that particular model, but most often the by-pass valves will be right at the back of the water heater...accessed from the inside behind a panel, a drawer, or cabinet door..

Find this on the outside and then go inside and access the back of your water heater.

Yep. That would put it where I'm guessing. Just need to open the panel to check. Too lazy to do it now. Hoping someone can confirm for me online.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar with that particular model, but most often the by-pass valves will be right at the back of the water heater...accessed from the inside behind a panel, a drawer, or cabinet door..

Find this on the outside and then go inside and access the back of your water heater.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro