cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Michigan - you can never leave - I 75 closer - 2 years

et2
Explorer
Explorer
For those planning to use I75 south of downtown Detroit, between Springwell and Northline Rd ( very long stretch ) - starting 2/3/17 scheduled to close for 2 years.

Better off taking I94 west to I275 south to hook back to I75 south. It's going to be a mess and add some time.

Just a heads up.
5 REPLIES 5

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:

Normally when entering or leaving Michigan I spend a week in Taylor.. about 200 yards off Telegraph (I think that is now called M-24, used to be US-24) and then I'd pick up I-75 off the connector south of the closure area.. no problem

No those are two very different roads. But a common mistake. I have helped many people in the area that get lost and confused about these two roads. The worst part is there are couple areas where they are in close proximity to eacy other.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the heads up.

Earlier this year, I decides to wander a Canada route going west but who knows where my easterly route will take me.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hey it's Michigan, not the Hotel California.

Normally when entering or leaving Michigan I spend a week in Taylor.. about 200 yards off Telegraph (I think that is now called M-24, used to be US-24) and then I'd pick up I-75 off the connector south of the closure area.. no problem

I take either I-94 or I-96 or I-696 Getting to Telegraph depending on where I'm leaving from.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
If you're SB on I75 north of Detroit consider US23 as the alternative, or I-75SB to I696 to I275 SB. I wouldn't go all the way to I94.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad