cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacement Sofas

dedmiston
I've seen a lot of chatter lately about the fake leather in RV sofas wearing out too quickly. It's really a shame that the pleather wears out so fast that RVers are having to send perfectly functional couches off to the landfills just because they're ugly and worn out.

I don't have a solution for the low quality of the sofas, but we just had a great interaction with a vendor for the replacements.

We found better quality sofas online at RecPro.com.

Just like everything else these days, the sofas were backordered because of COVID. But their website has a notification feature where you can pick out what you need and then they'll email you when they're in stock.

It took about three weeks for us to get the notification before we ordered ours. After that, it took a week for FedEx to deliver the five boxes to us (one box for each section of the recliner, plus a fifth box for the center console).

I thought the installation was going to be tricky, but the old ones came out pretty easily and the new ones went in even easier since they were still in pieces (ten pieces in all).

The only hassle was getting rid of the old ones, but we were able to take them to our trash company for large item disposal.

Best of all, we found our son's favorite hat (missing for years) under the old sofa, along with the spare key to his car that had been gone for ages.

I hated having to replace the old sofas after only five years, but the new ones are a lot more functional. Hopefully they last longer than the originals.

I would definitely recommend using RecPro if it's time to replace your couches.

(This is an unpaid celebrity endorsement from a non-celebrity.)

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
6 REPLIES 6

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
I recently replaced the dinette cushions in our truck camper, and used Shop4Seats which sells the Qualitex brand of RV furniture. While I canโ€™t speak to the quality and construction of the furniture, I can show you the fabric and workmanship of the cushions, which in my opinion is very good.

We have a standard two-seat dinette than makes into a 6โ€™ long bed if needed. We rarely ever use it that way, so we up-sized the cushion dimensions to make them more comfortable as a dinette.

We made the back cushions about 2โ€ taller, and the bottom cushions about 2โ€ deeper. The cushions can still be made onto a bed, Iโ€™ll just have to leave one of the back cushions standing straight up, and the other three laying flat. The only time weโ€™ve used it as a bed is for children anyway.

A pano shot of the dinette.

Some shots showing the detail. I havenโ€™t gotten around to attaching the Velcro strips yet. Each cushion has one. The higher backs and deeper bottom cushions are more comfortable.

Shop4Seats has a nice selection of fabrics and colors, including โ€œUltimate Leatherโ€, which I believe is a faux leather product. It took about six months from the time we placed the order to receive them. We were given an estimated delivery date up front, and it was accurate.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Brandon_the_Tra
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
I just noticed this thread in Fifth Wheels where people had mixed reviews about Rec Pro. Don't just take my word for it. Just because my wife and I are satisfied doesn't mean they're perfect. Check out the good and the bad.

Forest River has been using the pleather (bonded leather, or is it unbonded leather) that disintegrates going back at least 7 or 8 years, and refuse to change. Over at the Forest River forums they even have a factory manager for the Dynamax division who posts regularly that admits to the issue with the material, yet they keep on using it. The manufacturers that use it are well aware of it. Repeat business is evidently not much of a concern.

Recpro gets mixed reviews. I am of the opinion that anything that is branded for RV's or made for RV's is junk. You have the RV Industry and company's like Lippert, Patrick Industries, Furrion and a few others to thank for that, along with folks who demand cheap, cheap, cheap who blindly keep buying the garbage provided.
I went.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I like some of the furniture recpro has, but they were very limited in the coverings/colors offered. I ended up with Bradd & Hall and an having my theater seats covered with the material I chose ( ultraleather) that matches the rest of our furniture.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

dedmiston
I just noticed this thread in Fifth Wheels where people had mixed reviews about Rec Pro. Don't just take my word for it. Just because my wife and I are satisfied doesn't mean they're perfect. Check out the good and the bad.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I did land-fill/recycle my old sofa when I had to replace the floor under it. (IT was in sad shape too) found it was a standard hunk of furniture like you can get at _____Furniture (Fill in a name) with some added brackets to bolt to the floor.

The brackets...I still have
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our very uncomfortable sleeper sofa with a Laz Boy reclining love seat. It wasnโ€™t peeling, but we knew it was coming. Itโ€™s in my daughters room now.

The front seats are just starting to peel a little. I will have them recovered when the time comes!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!