cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sewer hose love

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just replaced my tired old stinky slinky and I LOVE it. My driveway is 30' from the clean out and I originally had 3 sewer hoses connected for this job. One hose was new and I immediately stepped on it and the other hoses had countless pin holes. The connectors were a pain in the butt, had occasional sharp ends that needed to be trimmed, and it made for a messy job.

I just picked up the Camco RhinoFlex 15' kit, two 10' extensions, a the Sidewinder support and it made like sooooo much easier. No leaks, poopy finders, or anything. They collapse and stow away easier, but the Sidewinder seems a bit flimsy. Life is good now, but wish I upgraded earlier.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread
16 REPLIES 16

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I'm happy with my Valterra Dominator hose. It is way too big for the bumper, so lives in a plastic tub in a storage compartment.

Not sure about love, but in all my time RV-ing since 2011, a sewage hose from my bumper (which was never used) is the only thing I've had stolen from my rig.

Valkyriebush
Explorer
Explorer
RVcircus wrote:
I just replaced my tired old stinky slinky and I LOVE it. My driveway is 30' from the clean out and I originally had 3 sewer hoses connected for this job. One hose was new and I immediately stepped on it and the other hoses had countless pin holes. The connectors were a pain in the butt, had occasional sharp ends that needed to be trimmed, and it made for a messy job.

I just picked up the Camco RhinoFlex 15' kit, two 10' extensions, a the Sidewinder support and it made like sooooo much easier. No leaks, poopy finders, or anything. They collapse and stow away easier, but the Sidewinder seems a bit flimsy. Life is good now, but wish I upgraded earlier.

Buy some zip ties. You will need them in time to zip tie the side winders sections back together. Sewer hose love? Now that's funny.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
WOW!!!!!! I really gotta get a life.... when I sit here @ 6:18 in the am and read thru a thread bout people getting all hot & bothered bout their new sewer hoses. JANET!!!!!!
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker ๐Ÿ˜‰

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:
For at home use, which might be a semi permanent or repeated use connection, instead of the sidewinder use a length of plastic guttering on blocks to support the long slinky.

*Home* use, for long distances:

No slinky/s.
As many sections of (white) 3" PVC as needed.
They *will* stay connected w/o cement, wash out & DC easily (if you wish).
Use a short section of slinky & RV adapter for the RV end.
Elbow to the sewer clean-out.
Want a color that blends with your yard? - spray paint 'em.
Last "forever".

*If* the run is up-hill (home or?), Macerator & 1" garden hose...:C

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Rhino is a great sewer hose. Glad I found this hose. Got rid of a lot of problems.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
filthy beast wrote:

I currently have three 15 foot sections of Rhinoflex, just thought if I could eliminate the two junctions I would eliminate the possibility of leaks at some point. The only thing I have issue with macerators is that it is standard practice to wait until the black tank is 3/4 full so you have good flow to drag out all the "gunk". I am sure they work fine but I find it somewhat hard to believe that the flow though one is equivalent to the 3" Rhinoflex.

I have looked and looked for a manufacturer that would sell "bulk" lengths to make a one piece hose. I guess I will stick with the three 15s and two couplers.

Not so I have a 5/8 water hose for my macerator and dump usually before half a tank and my hose goes about 35 foot and it works great, the way to do it is dump the black 1st than clean out the hose with gray tank water, works like a breeze.

I know I am suppose to use a 3/4 hose but had this old hose in my shed that needed something to do and it works fine for now..

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
mbopp wrote:
filthy beast wrote:
I would like to find a one piece Rhino at about 40' for dumping at home. Anyone know if the manufacturer sells those lengths?

No, but a macerator pump works for me to dump at home. It's that, or 25' of hose.
Father Goose - I still enjoy that movie.

Yep, one of our favorite Cary Grant movies.

I currently have three 15 foot sections of Rhinoflex, just thought if I could eliminate the two junctions I would eliminate the possibility of leaks at some point. The only thing I have issue with macerators is that it is standard practice to wait until the black tank is 3/4 full so you have good flow to drag out all the "gunk". I am sure they work fine but I find it somewhat hard to believe that the flow though one is equivalent to the 3" Rhinoflex.

I have looked and looked for a manufacturer that would sell "bulk" lengths to make a one piece hose. I guess I will stick with the three 15s and two couplers.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Love your sewer hose eh?
I'm gonna stick with girls.

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
filthy beast wrote:
I would like to find a one piece Rhino at about 40' for dumping at home. Anyone know if the manufacturer sells those lengths?

No, but a macerator pump works for me to dump at home. It's that, or 25' of hose.
Father Goose - I still enjoy that movie.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
For at home use, which might be a semi permanent or repeated use connection, instead of the sidewinder use a length of plastic guttering on blocks to support the long slinky.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I used the RhinoFlex hose for a couple years but found the Camco Revolution Swivel Sewer Hose System to be much more flexible. Same connectors and covers for both ends.

I've had the same hose for two years now and it is still holding up great despite sitting out both at the beach all winter and at our northern seasonal site all summer each year.

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
ChopperBill wrote:
Yeah, last year I bought the same hose and extension and the support from Amazon. $70 minus signing on for their Visa card $40. Free freight for a total of $30 for one of my best RV investment.
Bonus, use there Visa on my Prime account and get money credit for my purchases I let build up and get another big discount on a purchase. Just surprising how much satisfaction one poop hose can give.

I did the same thing...Amazon Prime is amazing.

It's really strange to get excited over a sewer hose, but I guess that's what my lifes come to;)
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rhino fan here as well....