cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

stroke of genius???

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
Oh great! I guess it could be called a lack of preparedness. But sitting in the trailer watching the sleet and ice fall, realizing that now they are calling for 6"-9" of snow (where just a few hours ago they were saying just a period of freezing rain for our area), I realized that one of the propane tanks was empty and the other less than half full. Also hardly any food in here. Extremely limited water. I do have a small ceramic heater, but they're saying that there will probably be power outages. The roads are virtually unpassable due to the ice buildup, but probably wouldn't do any good as most of the stores(including the propane dealer) have closed early. No TV reception and the radio just works a little. What was I going to do?? Then the stroke of genius hit! :SI'm just going to open the door, walk(or slide) across the driveway, go in the house and sit by the wood stove and see what DW is planning for supper tonight :W:W. Praying all of you in the storm area will be safe and warm. Gary
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL
9 REPLIES 9

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
All I can say to all of you that are experiencing this winter fickled and mostly over the top horrific weather is, May God Bless and keep All of You.

As much as I hate California of reasons other than the weather, it was nice to run the AC in the Truck after stocking up on water, gatorade and other basic needs.

Please take this as a suggestion that you move west. There are 150 million reasons to stay in familiar territory, hunker down and wait for spring. None for moving to taxes and fees that surpass all other states and expected to double or triple in the next five to ten years.

I hope you can stay warm and live free.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am having a sympathy stay indoors & do nothing for you.

I mowed the grass a couple days ago so I am good for necessary outdoor work for awhile. The temp is 69 at the moment & likely to reach 72 today. Reminds me, I need to open the windows & let some air blow through.

Think that I will spend another day indoors digging around online researching this years trip to Newfoundland.

You stay nice & warm. I will try to do the same.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I started reading that I was thinking to myself that your are very unprepared for the unexpected. I was relieved to read the end of the story.

My wife and I travel with about a weeks worth of provisions, (minimum) gallons of water in jugs, drinking water, 5 gallons of gas for the Champion 2000 watt generator, and two tanks of LP. We are traveling preppers.

I don't want to be the story that people talk about when discussing the fools that died.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
It was a situation much like what you are not in that is why when we used to travel this time of year, I had a plan.....

The biggest part of that plan was to leave early than Might Normally be needed. We would have fuel, water and provisions for three days at departure.

It paid off big time a few years back. We had just crossed into a mountainous area and were expecting to clear it before dark.
Surprise!! It was early by about four hours. We managed to find a place to hunker down and spent a the next day and an half watching out the warm windows as the chaos ruled all around us. We had everything we needed right there. The cellphone provided internet. It was slow, but it was otherwise a fine couple of days.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Hilarious!!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Brilliant!

I'm way ahead in thinking. Would never even leave the house with thermostat set at 70. lol

And as a bonus, I will reminisce about my best camping ever -- winter in Yosemite and waking up with 2 feet of snow right out my RV's door and off roading to go to the wonderful vista points and having fun in a winter wonderland.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
LOL. I don't know how you guys do it. My sis just moved to Kansas. 19* high today. My wife just said she was cold. It's 55* here.

What a brilliant idea!!
I wish I was that smart!! :B:B
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com