cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing a 2018 Wrangler JLU w/ Classic Brake Buddy questions

Valpo_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for input on setting for the BB with towing my JLU.

Many years ago we towed our 01 Grand Cherokee with no issues with sensitivity on about 5 and 55 psi pressure settings. Now we are towing the JLU and set it about the same because itโ€™s about the same weight. But it seems to grab more and seems to lock up the wheels.

For now I dropped it to 50 psi and a 4 sensitivity.

Are these settings good for the JLU or should I drop / add to this?
2005 Gulfstream Conquest LE 28 foot
2018 Wrangler JLU - pulling duty as a daily and toad
2012 Audi A7 - daily fun car
2 REPLIES 2

Valpo_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Power to the JLU is not an issue as the rear 12v plug is always on. Already in the process of running the trickle charge wire to the battery as it will need it for long drives. I ran the charge wire ahead of time when I installed the 7 way plug, just need the rest of the hardware for the line at the moment.
2005 Gulfstream Conquest LE 28 foot
2018 Wrangler JLU - pulling duty as a daily and toad
2012 Audi A7 - daily fun car

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Years ago I had that type of brake system and after a short while I gave up on it as being a PIA to install/remove, required power to the Jeep. Sold it, replaced it with a NSA Ready Brake. No more setup in the rain, no power required at the vehicle. I first used one in my now sold โ€˜15 Wrangler JK, and now in my Gladiator.

But back to your question. Do you have someone who can drive the mh while you ride in the Jeep and adjust it on the fly?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT