cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel partner

mdgalusza
Explorer
Explorer
Last year was my first in an RV. I traveled from Tarpon Springs, FL to Nova Scotia, Quebec City, Montreal, etc. then back home. 7500 miles, 4 1/2 mos. just me and my cat.
It was an amazing adventure but so much was lost by not having someone to share all the wonders with.
This summer I would like to go West and North but not alone. Any suggestions on how to find a travel partner?
2006 Four Winds Hurricane Class A
1 slideout
Ford V10
55,000 miles
7 REPLIES 7

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
As stated above, join one of the singles groups. They do a lot of fun things together - hiking, geocaching, siteseeing, canoeing/kayaking, potlucks, minor RV maintenance, good conversations around the campfires, etc. They are definitely not matchmaking groups. They are just single RVers that want companionship. Some are only for those above a certain age - like seniors.

As we traveled full-time we met many of these and they seemed to have a great time.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Steve_B_
Explorer
Explorer
Your cat may be the best travel partner you will find! You'd really have to get to know someone really well before leaving on a trip like that in close quarters. Could be really awkward half-way in if you discover you can't stand your travel companion.
2000 Twister by Fifties Trailers,
2017 Honda Ridgeline
2003 Miniature Schnauzer, Meyer

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same problem and haven't found it easy to find a traveling partner, probably because I am younger than the majority of the fulltime RV crowd. Now a cat, on the other hand......

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
My cat would love to accompany your cat.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Loners On Wheels

Single Rv'rs

Roaming RV Club

These are just a few. There are some for females only too. Google is your friend.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Farmers only dot com?