cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weber Q1400 Electric Grill

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I've been a long time Weber Q owner dating back to 2002 when we purchased a Q100 and used several times a week, year round for 8 yrs both here at the house and when out camping. Years later we upgraded to a Q120 for camping and a Q220 for use here at the house, grills we still use to this day. Great grills, cook well BUT I've had to replace the gas regulator on each of these grills several times, the first time in each case under warranty but these days on my own ticket. :M Currently it's my Q220 regulator that's failed but having replaced it at least twice already I'm reluctant to throw yet another $80 Cdn at this problem and am considering replacing both the Q120 and Q220 with an electric version of this grill, the Weber Q1400. Since we normally camp on electric sites this certainly would solve my gas regulator issue but I'm wondering if any current Q1400 owners could comment on this particular grill's performance compared to the gas versions and whether any have had similar problems with this grill's temperature controller which takes the place of the gas valve & regulator assembly. TIA for any opinion on this. ๐Ÿ™‚
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380
4 REPLIES 4

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
ryegatevt wrote:
"Caravans" pulled by animals were used in Britain and in Europe predate these campers by many years - maybe even a century or so!

Ummmmm, OK ... but what has this got to do with a Weber Q1400 electric grill? :h
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Caravans" pulled by animals were used in Britain and in Europe predate these campers by many years - maybe even a century or so!
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I love to check the reviews on Amazon - and it gets rave reviews!

clicky
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't used the Weber, but I did just buy this electric grill- (I'm a cheapskate ๐Ÿ™‚ ) I like it. Electric doesn't get as hot as gas, but you still get the grilled flavor, though purists will scoff.
-- Chris Bryant