cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whirlpool Refrigerator

BetsyC
Explorer II
Explorer II

We have a new FW that has  this frig and in order to turn off the icemaker you have to take the icemaker out.  Anyone dealing with this what I call a problem?  Thanks for any comments. Betsy.

5 REPLIES 5

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

What’s the problem?

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

You would think the designers could put some thought into making things accessible. I'm guessing they're are thinking something residential where the ice maker gets turned on during install and never off unless a repairman needs to work on it.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

Is the removal like Jimlin says where you just have to pull the ice maker bucket out to turn it on? Or do you have to go further and remove screws and such to access the switch?

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Yes.  The on/off switch is behind the bucket.  Makes no sense to me.  Other icemakers we have had have an arm you flip up or down.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer

my home fridge/ice maker has a on/off switch . Simple take the ice bucket out and switch to off.. What brand/model number is your fridge ?

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides