Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Need a refrigerator guru

Hate to come here with all my problems but it's hard to find other places to get sensible answers.I have a Whirlpool side by side installed in the RV. It is only 6 months old. It worked great while I was using the rv and the freezer stayed at 0 degre...

Best Residential refrigerator

Our Whirpool residential refrigerator in our 5th Wheel quit making ice. Service guys says it needs a whole new door to fix problem, and it could break again. Looking at possibly replacing with new unit. Everything else works fine. It would need to ...

bstump by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

50 amp electrical issue

I have a strange issue going on with the power. I have a 50 amp RV with a Progressive Industries EMS and also a Hughes Auto Transformer when needed.As long as the campground does not have many campers (this is on the 30 amp loop, but we have "50 amp...

TXiceman by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't get in

Country Coach Inspire, door handle is not locked, opening handle moves sloppy and door will not open. All windows locked. Short of removing the windshield (2 piece windshield) any ideas?

Water heater only producing warn water, 90F

I have been RV'ing for 20 years and never thought I could make such a dumb mistake. Hot water tank was leaking at the back where the water outlets are on our 3250 Big country. Turned off the power inside, tightened the connections and stopped the lea...

Generac generators

I just saw an ad in Trailer Life for the iQ2000 by Generac. The ad says it beats Honda. I'm unfamiliar with this generator. Please share your knowledge/experiences pro or con.

Solar panel placement

Are we going to cause a problem for ourself if we place a solar panel raised up over the toilet vent? Should a couple inches of clearance be enough?Thoughts

Gensets W/ Self Containrd DC power ?

How many larger OEM mounted generators have their own DC power output ?A long distance friend lost his converter power, (converter failure) and has been charging just running his diesel generator. He says a panel monitor shows 10 amps charging on dis...

Noisey Dometic refrigerator fan

The refrig in our TT is in a slide-out that vents out the back side of the unit. The fan is quite noisey and I've read a lot of people have complained about the noise level, it's a common problem. The fan is 92mm, 4500 rpm, 75.0 cfm, 47 db 12v fan. T...

IBcarguy by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

"RV" toilet paper - myth busted

Have heard previously that "RV paper" is not worth paying extra over a regular toilet paper. So here is some data. See the graph below - scroll down to the 3rd graph, yellow line is RV paper and pink line is regular TP:Hikers test RV/marine "Rapid Di...

Almot by Explorer III
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

Small Gen Opinions ? UPDATE--Should I Switch?

Update- 7 Feb 17 alternative gen maybe?-------------------------Original OP:Local shop is selling these for $200 (Can) next week. (about $152 US)http://www.powerhouse-products.com/powerhouse_product/500wi/Looks a bit noisy from the specs, but it cou...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 62 replies
  • 0 likes

Thor fe30

I bought a new Thor FE30 Had it 2 days and taken it back for repairs. I bought it Dec 27th 2016. Now after 7 weeks still not been repaired. Still at the dealers. Every time I call that said it will be another 2 weeks. Can't get the parts. I bought th...

Inverter ?

Are inverters necessary if you are not going to be boon docking? My current Dutchmen TT does not have an inverter on it. As stated in my previous post I am fairly new to this life and still trying to learn as much as I can. For now I plan on only cam...