cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic Fridge Model RM2333 W/N stay lit at highway speeds

RV007DOC
Explorer
Explorer
Good day all, I have a 2000 roadtrek with a Model RM2333 Dometic refrigerator. The problem is that at highway speed the propane flame goes out and the interior indicator obviously indicates it's no longer lit.
I have not been able to access the tubing at the flame as it is located behind the side wall of the RV. Space is severely limited in that area.
I have cleaned the area using compressed air, tried to cover the pilot area using aluminum foil to see if that helps, no avail.
I am contemplating covering the complete air inlet cover on a trial basis but I am unsure how that would affect the operation.
At a standstill or lower speed there does not appear to be any problem.
Any suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks.
3 REPLIES 3

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II

Are these two fridges in slideouts? 

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
RV007DOC wrote:
Good day all, I have a 2000 roadtrek with a Model RM2333 Dometic refrigerator. The problem is that at highway speed the propane flame goes out and the interior indicator obviously indicates it's no longer lit.
I have not been able to access the tubing at the flame as it is located behind the side wall of the RV. Space is severely limited in that area.
I have cleaned the area using compressed air, tried to cover the pilot area using aluminum foil to see if that helps, no avail.
I am contemplating covering the complete air inlet cover on a trial basis but I am unsure how that would affect the operation.
At a standstill or lower speed there does not appear to be any problem.
Any suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks.

I'm fighting the same thing with my old RM2510. At 90 to 100kph it will stay lit most of the time but if I have a big truck go buy or am driving in windy conditions the gusts of wind will blow it out. dometic made a baffle kit for my fridge to help but I can't find one.

I am going to try to make some homemade baffles and test them out. The trick is to prevent blasts of wind from getting to the pilot light while not restricting airflow over the condenser and such.

Another thing you can try is to turn your fridge colder when you are traveling. This makes the pilot flame larger and harder to blow out.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Verify the flame is directly under the flame sensor.
My old rig I added some filter material inside most of the refer exterior access.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker