cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lifting a Fifthwheel from truck

beearcher
Explorer
Explorer
Neighbors just arrived home with a damage hydraulic line, so no levelers, how can they
lift it from there truck....Any Ideas ?
9 REPLIES 9

Moved from Forum Technical Support

beearcher
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for the help, It did have the crank and we got the truck out.....Now to replace Hydraulic lines and New Tires.... Again Thanks for the advice and help

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not sure about the Momentums (the Grand Design toy haulers), but on the Grand Design Reflection fifth wheels, there is a rubber plug inside the propane tank compartment on the driver's side. Remove that rubber access plug and insert the crank handle that came with the RV. It will take a LOT of cranking!

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
You do not need two 6 ton jacks... you are not trying to pick the entire trailer off the ground. Two normal car screw jacks will lift the front of a 5e by jacking on the front pads that will not come down.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Block of wood and a couple of hydraulic bottle jacks will do just fine.

beearcher
Explorer
Explorer
I will check that as well on hand crank, It is a Grand Design Toy Hauler, I have no knowledge of its options, but will soon after helping them....Again Tank you

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Some systems have an emergency crank to lower landing gear. It should attach around landing gear on drivers side. 3/4 socket

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

beearcher
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you I will go see if we can help them get out from under it, they had a blowout and it destroyed the
hydraulic lines and would not lift, so hope this gets there truck free...

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chock the 5vr wheels so it can not move

Get some heavy cribbing (large wide blocks of wood) and couple of bottle jacks (at least 6 ton)
Then place bottle jacks on cribbing each side towards front to lift 5vr via frame
Unlatch hitch in truck...jack both sides up until 1/4" of daylight between pin bx/hitch head

Place some jack stands on some cribbing to support 5vr while unhitched

Drive truck out from under 5th wheel
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31