cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MicroAir Easy Touch Thermostat

Mopar_Mudder
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed two Easy Touch stats to replace the Dometic units I just couldn't stand to use anymore.

Easy Touch is way easier to use and read, install was simple but I have a couple of questions.

1) I was surprised their is no way to complete turn off the display. My concern is that when Boondocking how fast are they going to kill the battery having the two of them on all the time. Would be nice if they had a turn display off in sleep mode instead of just dimming down.

2) What does the "freeze" reading mean on the bottom center of the display.

3) The app on the phone, anyone have issues with it? I can't even create an account, never e-mails me a verification code.
2008 Dodge Dually Mega Cab - Resitol Edition
1999 Jayco Designer 3710
6 REPLIES 6

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
chindog wrote:
Yes, you can turn off the display. I did on mine, but don't remember exactly how I did it. It's not the "night" display option, which just dims it. I do remember you can set it through the settings menu on the display screen, not the phone app.

Not sure what you mean by the "freeze" reading. Are you talking about the "cool" function that is represented by a snowflake? That just means the air conditioner mode.

agreed. you can turn off the display, but as mentioned haven't used the trailer in about 6 months so don't recall how to do that.

And yes, the snowflake=AC, there is also a symbol for heat strip, and another symbol for gas furnace heat, and if you have a heat pump an symbol for that.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Turn off the breaker/fuse at panel - or - put a fuse (or a switch) in the line and pull it.

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, you can turn off the display. I did on mine, but don't remember exactly how I did it. It's not the "night" display option, which just dims it. I do remember you can set it through the settings menu on the display screen, not the phone app.

Not sure what you mean by the "freeze" reading. Are you talking about the "cool" function that is represented by a snowflake? That just means the air conditioner mode.
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad

Y-Guy
You might reach out to them direct or via their Facebook group. I didn't find anything either, most people using them seem to not be boondockers where power isn't an issue.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Mopar_Mudder
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Does the package or instructions give the electric resting rate usage?

Not that I could find no.
2008 Dodge Dually Mega Cab - Resitol Edition
1999 Jayco Designer 3710

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Does the package or instructions give the electric resting rate usage?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad