cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor mount.

JDsdogs
Nomad
Nomad

I am thinking of mounting a Furion 7” backup camera monitor to my Chev 2500 interior rear view mirror. The monitor weighs about 12 oz +/ - an oz. 
wonder if the the mirror would support that weight?  
The truck’s interior rear view mirror is useless when towing a travel trailer, unless you want to count the bug splatters on the front of your trailer. I figured mounting the monitor to the mirror would obstruct less of the windshield view area than mounting it to the windshield (suction cup) or the dash. 

5 REPLIES 5

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

Here in Minnesota, I never could get a suction cup to keep holding anywhere on the windshield. 

I would go with getting the backup monitor to connect to a dash vent or the dash. My Garmin GPS connects to my horizontal vents on our car.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

lightfoot
Explorer III
Explorer III

I would suggest you check with your DMV about putting anything on your windshield and or hanging from the rear view mirror. Illinois just changed the windshield obstruction law to include fuzzy dice from hanging from the mirror  It also includes  cameras, etc. mounted on the windshield and or added to the mirror.

What is next, no coffee mug holders?

USN EN2
2012 Ford F250 SC, 6.7L TD
2015 Voltage 3200
2004 Honda GL1800 Reverse Trike

Good call.  I will check with my friend who is a state trooper here in WA state.  The monitor covering the mirror would make it about 2x as large, vertically.  

Cybergrunt
Nomad
Nomad

I use a suction cup mount for mine, tucked right in next to the rearview mirror (covers up the left third of the mirror). 

2021 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 24RLHL: 810-825# TW, ~7500# GVW
2020 F-250 XLT Super Duty SRW: 7.3 V8 gasser, 3.55, 10spd

Might be a reasonable solution if mounting the mirror is not a good idea. 

Thanks.