cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No City Water Pressure

PCronin68
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Bounder Motorhome that I am dewinterizing. I connected city water to rig and have nothing coming out of the faucets. I have sufficient water coming out of hose but nothing in rig when hooked up. My guess is its the city water hookup check valve. But I took the screen off and the check valve seems to open and close freely when pushing on it. What else could it be? There are no leaks or water going anywhere else.
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 34b
11 REPLIES 11

PCronin68
Explorer
Explorer
Update: I took the water filter cartridge out which, in my RV, gets direct in flow from either city water or water pump before going to feed the RV. Everything works now. So bad filter

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Ok, you said DE winterizing. Dumb question but did you turn all the bypass valves back correctly?
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Click this link and scroll down for a diagram. 2015 RV.net thread
If this system is close to yours, about the only thing that can stop all the flow from both tanks would be, a failed check valve after the water pump. And even then it could only stop the city side if the inside of the valve moved down the line past where the city water comes in and then hit a smaller section or elbow and blocked it.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
schlep1967 wrote:
Check your filter screens on your faucets.

Happens to me almost every year. Take off the faucet filter and then turn on the faucet.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check your filter screens on your faucets.

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer
Since no water from both the tank/pump supply and the city inlet. (water hose connection) All the sink aerators may be blocked with silt or scale.

PCronin68 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
agree with the 2 thoughts

1 - filling fresh water tank
2 - bad check valve

No to both questions....The city water is connected to city inlet. Filling reserve tank is a separate fill on opposite side of my RV. I am also not getting water when trying reserve tank with water pump. All is leading me to think there is a kink in the main line somewhere? How would that be possible when the RV hasn't moved since the fall.

It sounds like the check valve at the city water inlet.. very common failure..

See google search -

"Dear Jerry,
The problem you are referring to is somewhat common, and here are a few things to consider when there is a flow restriction in the incoming water connection.

First, make sure the flow is good through the hose itself, to verify that the inner lining of the hose hasnโ€™t separated and blocked the flow. Second, most city water connections have a filter/washer installed where the hose connects. Remove this filter/washer and check its condition. If itโ€™s plugged up (which they frequently are) clean it or just replace it. On occasion, the one-way valve in the city water inlet on some RVs breaks, and the pieces can block the water flow. Iโ€™m not sure which connection you have in your coach, but it will have some sort of check valve, and that could be plugged or faulty.

Third is the filter for the incoming city water. There are numerous types of filters on the market, and having two filters in the system is not unusual. The primary filter for incoming water is most likely just a particulate filter, but other filter elements that are finer could have been installed. The ice maker filter is a much finer filter for removing impurities from your drinking water. If you have never changed the filter element, now would be a good time to make certain theyโ€™re OK.

While Iโ€™m not certain about your particular coach from here, some RVs were equipped with a water control system, Coachmen among them. There were a number of valves which controlled how water was distributed throughout the system, winterizing settings, water tank filling, and in some cases, water system drains. Make sure all your valves are in the correct setting."
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

PCronin68
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:

2 - bad check valve

No to both questions....The city water is connected to city inlet. Filling reserve tank is a separate fill on opposite side of my RV. I am also not getting water when trying reserve tank with water pump. All is leading me to think there is a kink in the main line somewhere? How would that be possible when the RV hasn't moved since the fall.

2 - bad check valve
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
My guess would be you are filling your onboard tank. Check you settings to make sure everything is right.

Is there a diverter valve inside?
One of my TTs had a lever to exclude the city water when running the onboard pump.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com