cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold refrigerator issue

Abercrombiefami
Explorer
Explorer
The refrigerator in my rv clicks all the time unless the auxillary batteries are disconnected. I mean it clicks while in all positions, off, gas or electric. It is a constant, Rhythmic click, not intermittent. It's become extremely frustrating. Any help is appreciated . Thank you. It is a norcold model 1210.
4 REPLIES 4

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's probably the refrigerator's spark igniter trying to light the flame. Our Norcold refrig clicks like this during startup.

Propane for the flame may not be present for some reason, such as:

1. Propane tank not full enough.

2. Propane flow safety valve stuck or otherwise not opening whenever the refrigerator control calls for the refrigerator to come on.

3. Block in the line that delivers propane from the tank to the refrigerator.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is the click more like a fan hitting something or a relay toggling back and forth?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
Verify the clicking source. Sounds like it could be your spark igniter for gas operation when on battery power. If this is the case I would look at the circuit board that controls the switch over from AC power to Battery power. You may need to replace this circuit board due to an internal short.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Odds are it is one of the rear 12 volt cooling fans. These fans are on the backside of the refer and unless the refer is in a slide room, you have to pull the refer to verify and fix the fan problem. But the fact you state it clicks in the OFF position means that in OFF there is no power to those 2 fans. Are you POSITIVE it is the refer making the noise and not something else next to it? You need to disconnect the 12 volt power wire on the backside of the refer, instead of disconnecting the Batteries. Disconnect the 12 volt to the refer and see if the noise goes away. Doug