cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Levelers

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
How many TT owners are using levelers? If you are using them, which ones are you using? And what are the pro's & con's about them, and which ones are you using?
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
13 REPLIES 13

BulldawgFan
Explorer
Explorer
+20 for Anderson levelers! Anything that gets me in the chair under the awning with cold beverage in hand faster is worth it. These are worth every cent. Carrying heavy lumber is ludicrous especially after using these once. Go ahead and burn the 2x8's, make an investment, sit back and relax much faster.
2018 Forest River FR3 30DS
2011 GMC Terrain (Toad #1)
1993 Jeep YJ (Toad #2)
1993 EZGO Marathon 48v

Bonefish
Explorer
Explorer
The Anderson levelers work great and had not one problems getting the camper level on any surface. Best money ever spent.

Sharon

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I've never tried Anderson, but everyone who has used them say they love them. We are heading for Florida tomorrow morning (St. Andrews State Park by Panama City). We stayed at Port St. Joe State Park over Christmas 2014. Now I was glad I had wood under the tires. I think the Anderson would have just sunk in the sand, and Lynx would too. So, if you are on concrete or asphalt the Anderson or Lynx may work very well. But if you park on a soft surface, you may still want a board under the Anderson's.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
haste maker wrote:
Sorry for not making myself clear. I was talking about power levelers like used on a Class A & some 5th wheel trailers...But I really like the looks of the " Anderson levelers " I didn't know about them until now, I have order some to try...thanks

Typically, power levelers are not found on travel trailers. The cost for buying and installing, if allowable with TT frame) is usually too high for folks with travel trailers. But, that is strictly my impression and opinion
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

pappcam
Explorer
Explorer
I have one pressure treated 2x8 long enough for both tires for side to side levelling and I also have 2 bags of lynx levellers.
2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
2011 F150 XLT 5.0

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
We are using the Anderson levelers. Love them.
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry for not making myself clear. I was talking about power levelers like used on a Class A & some 5th wheel trailers...But I really like the looks of the " Anderson levelers " I didn't know about them until now, I have order some to try...thanks
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

2milesup
Explorer II
Explorer II
haste maker wrote:
How many TT owners are using levelers? If you are using them, which ones are you using? And what are the pro's & con's about them, and which ones are you using?

When you say "levelers" are you referring to the devices used to make the TT level, or the indicators to determine whether or not it's level?
Jerry & Lori
2011 Chevy 1500 5.3L Z71 4X4
2015 Lance 2285
Andersen Sway Control, Prodigy, Honda EU2000i, empty wallet

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Wood is cheep and bio degradable, it it ever wears out I will heat my house with it when I get home.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been using Lynx type blocks for a long time and they have always worked pretty well. But I am considering the Anderson levelers as I can see how they would be less time consuming to use.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sticking with wood boards under my tires to level. I have set of Lynx, and don't like them.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a full set of Anderson levelers. mainly for convenience too old to stack wood or plastic levels any more.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lynx Levelers. Easy to store, light, easy to use. No cons at all. Great product. they also have chocks that lock into them. You can just back or pull onto them until the chock stops you.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers