cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New to the hybrid adventure

robbie47
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a 2004 Bantam 18' hybrid 2 weeks ago, after moving on from a 1977 Apache Ramada hard side pop up. The only issue we have is trying to get the back mattress stowed when closing up the end-we can't get it to fit and have to just toss it over the dining area. Anyone have a solution to this?
Thanks for your input.
5 REPLIES 5

3boxerss
Explorer
Explorer
WE had an 2001 Bantam and the back bunk fit pretty tight in it as well. Must of been a design issue..
2017 Wildwood XLite 201BHXL
2016 Ford F250
Previous Camper 2001 Bantam B19 by Trail Lite

robbie47
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the insight to our dilemma. We'll see what we can make work as suggested.

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
On my old Starcraft pictured in profile I would fold mattress and store it against the doors with straps

I could turtle in it and use entire camper and sleep in the perpendicular bunk beds. I miss her greatly.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2004 StarCraft 21SSO which the same issue. There was not enough room between the bed bottom and the interior cabinets for the mattress to squeeze between. We always had to place the mattress elsewhere inside. Only the front had this issue. Rear bed folded up fine.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I believe my Bantam listed below is very similar. The back bed took some observation to find a best way. Not much space so we make sure the bunk end support frame is under the mattress and retaining straps are snapped. We then fold the canvas like an envelope is made. A 45 degree overlap seems to work. Check for bungee's that they are inside and fold it up. No room to leave bedding on matress. Hope this helps.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)