cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tempermental slideout on y hybrid

mjmoch
Explorer
Explorer
My hybrid 2006 StarCraft 21 SSO camper has a side slideout.
The switch to put out the slide seems tempermental.
I had the switch tested and it is good.
Fuses all good.
Sometimes I press the button and nothing.
I wait a while try again and it works.
I had to go as far as unhooking the battery and then it worked after I hooked it back up.
Ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

epeters
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Starcraft and one day the slide would not work at all. I had a friend who is an electrical engineer come over and we tested, lubed and validated everything from the fuse, to the motor to the switch.

Turns out, the slide is wired directly to the battery, not thru the fuse panel. When I checked the battery, there was just enough corrosion on the terminal to prevent the slide from getting enough voltage. I cleaned it up and then the slide worked good as new.

If your unit is like mine, check that before getting into the wiring or motor.
Erik

DW, DS, DD
2018 Nash 29S
2017 GMC Sierra
Retired --> 2004 Silverado Crewcab 1500
2008 Starcraft Antiqua - traded in
2003 Fleetwood Mesa - gone
Photos

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
mjmoch wrote:
My hybrid 2006 StarCraft 21 SSO camper has a side slideout.
The switch to put out the slide seems tempermental.
I had the switch tested and it is good.
Fuses all good.
Sometimes I press the button and nothing.
I wait a while try again and it works.
I had to go as far as unhooking the battery and then it worked after I hooked it back up.
Ideas?

Some old fashion diagnostics I have learned over the yrs, you say the switch was tested and sometimes when you press it on nothing happens, at that time try hitting/tapping the switch. I have found that contacts sometimes inside switches will hang up. If slide starts to move while doing this, it will prove the switch is NG and needs to be replaced.

In addition, if switch is on and and still nothing is happing go to next step, try tapping/moving the slide motor wire harness, could have a loose connection there. If your handy with a meter, test for voltage.

Good luck,
Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)