Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tow Vehicle for Jay Feather Ultra Lite X17z

CoasterJames
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am new to this forum. If this topic has been addressed sorry for the repeat and please reply with link.

We are purchasing a Jay Feather Ultra Lite X17z with a trailer weight of 3023 lbs and a trailer gvwr of 3500 lbs.

We currently have a VW Routan that could tow 3500 but I know that is not sufficient.

We are considering an SUV like a Toyota Highlander, Chevy Traverse or Nissan Pathfinder - all of which reportedly can tow 5000 lbs if properly equipped.

Thus far we have only towed a popup so a trailer is new to us.

Is it reasonable to tow a trailer like the Jay Feather Ultra Lite with one of the noted SUVs that claim to have a tow capacity of 5000 lbs?

Thanks for your replies!
2 REPLIES 2

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
With a good hitch and assuming it has the tow package the Routan will tow it fine. So would the Highlander, Traverse, or Pathfinder (same caveat about having the factory tow package). Of them, the Routan and Traverse are likely to be the most comfortable, and the Highlander the most reliable.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
My Jeep Liberty would tow that. I think any of those vehicles would tow this vehicle. You are correct on upgrading the Routon.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized