since ‎Jul-28-2004
‎Mar-10-2024

My Activity

• 44 Posts
  • 0 Solutions
  • 0 Likes given
  • 0 Likes received

User Activity

I have a Northern Lite Model 811OSEC camper.  (Shortbed)  This is my "Ham Shack" that I use for supporting various remote ACS/ARES ham radio events; I typically will use FM or UHF and sometimes HF radios to help coordinate Search & Rescue activity; o...
PSA - Public Service AnnoucementI learned this by surprise, driving on rough dirt roads bad enough to upend the box containing beer and busting a can open will set off your propane detector!Passing this tidbit along in case this ever happens to you. ...
Last month, I used camper (and enclosed internal space) to program a brand new ham's HT to certain frequencies related for an off-road "endurance" 100k event; held in challenging high altitude terrain (high Sierras). This was the new Ham Operator's ...
Passing along as ‘FYI.’A ham radio operator, often use my TC as a “Ham Shack.” Active in my local ARES/ACS radio support group and often deploy to support local civic and charity events including Marathons and Bicycle Races. For many events, I depl...
Is anyone here planning to attend QuartzFest? (Jan 2019) A week of boondocking near QuartzSite in the Sonoran desert with Amateur Radio folk and activities. I have never been but hoping to learn some new tricks for ham radio and antenna installatio...