since ‎Jul-11-2007
‎Nov-14-2023

My Activity

• 2,281 Posts
  • 0 Solutions
  • 0 Likes given
  • 0 Likes received

User Activity

Many modern Autos intentionally keep the battery discharged to the point that when the driver lets off the gas, or hits the brakes, the battery can then accept higher amps when the voltage regulator commands 14.5+ volts. This acts as a poor regenerat...
This post is an observation, and observation which bucks the 'this wors like this, and that works like that' mentality which pervades online forums. Empiracle data trumping theory.I can spin a dial on my dashboard, which controls the voltage my Alte...
My TX has only 2 solenoids, one for Overdrive one for the torque converter lock up. It is a chrysler A-500 from 1989, also called the 42-RH. Basically a 904 with a overdrive housing tacked onto it. The 904 is the venerable 727's baby brother.Whe...
A while ago, as an experiment, I bought a 12v outdoor landscape light that claimed 10w warm white.TO NO one's surprise it did not consume 10 watts, and while it did respond to a PWM LED dimmer, the range of adjustment was pretty poor so I did not us...
I assume cell phone towers have generators, and battery backup for when the generators run out of gas.Does anybody know if there is a standard on how long they have to be able to provide power for? While power was out for my relatives in Florida thi...