since ‎Jan-17-2003
‎Nov-14-2023

My Activity

• 1,145 Posts
  • 0 Solutions
  • 0 Likes given
  • 0 Likes received

User Activity

I know the local authorities (Titusville PD, NASA, or whoever) used to allow boondocking along the causeway north of town for a few nights before a space shuttle launch. This is called the "Max Brewer Memorial Parkway" on Rand-McNally maps. It runs f...
I don't know if we have any other Class C Easterners here who will be interested in attending, but thought I'd at least mention it. It's the first weekend in October at Taylor Ranch right outside Asheville. http://www.overlandexpo.com/east/. It's pr...
Our astronomy club got a message from someone at GNP. They're looking for volunteers to assist their astronomer-in-residence with set-up and put-away of telescopes, public talks, etc. 'Pay' is only a $25 stipend per workday, but it includes an RV sit...
Quoting from the WLOS ABC 13 traffic site, "Updated: Monday, June 9 2014, 04:38 PM EDT U.S. 276 in Haywood County is closed to traffic traveling Cruso Road, from the intersection of Sharp Mountain Road to the Transylvania County line, near the Blue R...
The large detour around the all-winter road repair north of Asheville on the Blue Ridge Parkway is no more. They worked 2 shifts, and beat the original re-opening date of May 22nd by quite a bit. We now have direct access to Mt. Mitchell State Park a...