since ‎Jan-29-2014
‎Nov-14-2023

My Activity

• 201 Posts
  • 0 Solutions
  • 0 Likes given
  • 0 Likes received

User Activity

Relatively new 5,400 # Dexter axles and drums on our TT, have less than 2,000 miles. I developed had a grease leak on one wheel and that brake locked up so much it ruined a tire in 350 miles. I took it apart and replaced the grease seal, and clean...
I need ONE more steel spoke wheel 15x6 to have a set of halfway decent wheels after changing suspension. Went thru 8 wheels to find the first 4 that where halfway straight. I ruined a tire on the last trip and now really want to get a reliable wh...
I do not have a good understanding on how GVWR is applied to a travel trailer rig. The question is whether the tongue weight and it's effects have to be counted in both the truck and trailer weights.1. If we weigh the coupled rig on the scales the...
Monday we are going to try out a 3/4 ton gas Silverado 3/4 ton, 4.1 axle ratio, 4WD. Going from a Tundra because we've run out of GVWR on the truck (because we take too much stuff).We get 8-9 MPG in the Tundra towing 8K lbs. What kind of gas mile...
We have our TT, vehicles, and house all insured with ALFA, who I understand is the largest personal underwriter in Alabama. I've been their customer for 50 years. Good claims service, seemingly reasonable rate movement, seems to be decent price b...