Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Search
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  



Open Roads Forum  >  Search the Forums

 > Your search for posts made by 'Orion' found 52 matches.

Sort by:    Search within results:
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
  Subject Author Date Posted Forum
RE: Happy Independence Day

A very Happy 4th July to all our Southern neighbours! Can't wait to see those Sherman Tanks on parade! :)
Orion 07/04/19 09:23am Around the Campfire
RE: Baseball Weekend in London

They had to get more runs there as the Brits are used to cricket where hundreds of runs can be scored, even in the newer shortened games done over a few hours.
Orion 07/01/19 09:22am Around the Campfire
RE: Happy Canada Day

Thanks! You too Lonnie and best wishes to the missus!
Orion 07/01/19 09:17am RVing in Canada and Alaska
RE: Gaspe Trip, Quebec

Having lived in Western Canada for many years before taking my first trip to Quebec, I was really interested to see how my lack of French would work. I do speak a little French, the Parisian French I learnt at school, but I do speak it very badly, and with a Welsh accent! I experimented with my French and also pretended not to speak it at all. In every case, everyone was very accommodating and either switched to really good English or just muddled through with good humour. I had a great time there.
Orion 06/26/19 09:20am RVing in Canada and Alaska
RE: Jeopardy records broken !

glad you learnt it good ;) ;) 'learnt' normal past tense of 'to learn' in UK, where I'm from, and from where the language we lent to you originated. :) Very interesting these variations of the English Language and how they are spoke!
Orion 06/09/19 09:25am Around the Campfire
RE: Jeopardy records broken !

I've watched/recorded all 30 or so episodes. Totally stunned at his knowledge.. but I have missed where he got his education. Nobody gets that smart without some formal education.. or does he? You often hear this about knowledgeable people, but I don't think it's necessarily true. I'm not gifted in any way, but I do think that most of my knowledge has been learnt since I left school. I have learnt it myself by being interested in a wide field of subjects. I'm sure that if I saw a breakdown of what I did in school, I would not be able to write down much on those topics!
Orion 06/07/19 05:11pm Around the Campfire
RE: Did this ever happen to you?

My favourite parking ticket story was from a few years ago. A driver had applied for a personilised plate, and as well as a first choice plate, the form included a space for a second choice. He was only interested in his first choice and so wrote "No Plate" in the second choice section. Sure enough, a few weeks later he received his new plates, showing 'No Plate'. He thought it funny so stuck them on his car. Shortly after that, he started to receive parking tickets, that clearly were not his. When he contacted the DMV, he was told that when a parking ticket was written for an abandoned vehicle that was missing its plate , "No Plate" was recorded, and he was now getting all these tickets!
Orion 06/05/19 09:45am Around the Campfire
RE: Help me splain to my granddaughter

As the saying goes, every day is a school day! (Dunno what a dog trot house is either)
Orion 05/23/19 09:53am Around the Campfire
RE: Eastern US/Canada/Texas Trip Advice

The roads around Toronto include the busiest freeway in the world, or used to be until recently! Also, make sure that you have NO weapons of any kind, including mace pepper spray etc, or anything related to them like holsters, shell casings etc, that will trigger a more intensive search.
Orion 05/23/19 09:49am Roads and Routes
RE: Jeopardy records broken !

We have been watching this show recently, we don't normally. We don't mind him. There are so many 'thick' people around, especially on TV, it's refreshing to see someone who isn't. I've noticed that he isn't much of a car guy, he has had a few car questions wrong. There must be others, I'll see if I can spot more of his weak areas. I would imagine the producers are keeping track of this too, and when the ratings start to drop, or when the winnings budget gets low, you may see games with all his weak subjects.
Orion 05/03/19 10:47am Around the Campfire
RE: Jeopardy records broken !

He now has a 14 day total of $1,061,554 ! Couldn't you have waited a few hours? Now what am I going to do at 7:30 PDST? :(
Orion 04/23/19 06:45pm Around the Campfire
RE: Highway 44 Northern California

If you want to avoid the I 5, why don't you carry on to Alturas after Susanville and take the 97 up through Klamath Falls and Bend. We've done this a few times and you end up crossing into Washington at Goldendale. We always think of this as the 'Volcano Route' as at times, if it's clear, you see dozens of volcanoes. sometimes , multiple ones at the same time.
Orion 04/16/19 10:24am Roads and Routes
RE: Highway 44 Northern California

We have taken Hwy 44 from Susanville many times, but turn off at Olds Station to take the 89 up to Shasta. Up to that point, There are no twisty bits. Looking at 44 beyond this point, which we have never taken, Google Maps doesn't show much in the way of curves. I could see this one and dropped down into Streetview, but again, doesn't look like much. Streetview link. Are you maybe thinking of the Road through Lassen Park itself which looks crazy! Link
Orion 04/15/19 10:18am Roads and Routes
RE: Comanche, British Bride and British SIL on Vancouver Island

Lonnie & Hazel. Really nice to hear from you, sorry to hear about Hazel's sister. Maybe we'll pop in to say hello sometime if we do the I40 again. I love to hear the way they mispronounce 'Hereford' on the radio as we pass through cattle country!.
Orion 04/08/19 09:23am RVing in Canada and Alaska
RE: Is Sue T still posting those beautful pictures?

I must have always misunderstood how the forum works as I thought that if someone posts in a forum, everyone would see it? Is this not the case? Everybody can look at the thread, yes; in that regard posts are public. It might not be obvious that a particular person has posted in some random thread, though, hence the ability to follow people and be alerted to their posts in whatever threads they may happen to post in. Ok, thanks, that's what I thought. I was thinking for a moment, that there was some kind of 'Premium Level' that I didn't know about! :D
Orion 04/01/19 01:18pm RVing in Canada and Alaska
RE: Is Sue T still posting those beautful pictures?

I must have always misunderstood how the forum works as I thought that if someone posts in a forum, everyone would see it? Is this not the case?
Orion 04/01/19 09:55am RVing in Canada and Alaska
RE: Unusually good aurora tonight

Probably not tonight Josephine! This is from Spaceweather. NOAA forecasters said there was a 75% chance of a CME impact on March 23th. That means there was a 25% chance of no impact. Indeed, we're still waiting for the CME to arrive. The tardy arrival could mean that either (1) the CME missed or (2) it is moving more slowly than expected. Either way, the chance of storms is waning as March 24th aproaches.
Orion 03/23/19 07:33pm RVing in Canada and Alaska
RE: Who is laughing now ?

When I was young, my family all laughed when I told them when I grew up I wanted to be a comedian. Well , they aren't laughing now!
Orion 03/18/19 06:53pm Around the Campfire
RE: Vancouver Island....Victoria

I just did a calculation on the cost of the ferry, based on a total of 60' and got $334 US. Probably be similar to get off the Island too. I was going to suggest you just take the car, but realise you are going to Vancouver afterwards. You will see much of Victoria in two days, just not much of the Island.
Orion 02/20/19 02:51pm RVing in Canada and Alaska
RE: Vancouver Island....Victoria

Two days? With that amount of time, you won't even see all of Victoria's sights, let alone the Island, which is bigger than some US states. You'll probably be only be able to see some of the city, with maybe s short trip to see some of the outlying sights.
Orion 02/17/19 11:25pm RVing in Canada and Alaska
Sort by:    Search within results:
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS