cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

looking for owners of 2004-2005 Pace Arrows

Jim_Bakker
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to make contact with others who own one of the new (2004, 2005) Pace Arrows so we can share experiences, problems, good things, etc.
Jim and Suzi Bakker
Carmichael, CA

2004 Pace Arrow 36B, Workhorse W22
Ultrapower upgrade
2006 Honda CR-V
1,941 REPLIES 1,941

Fyr_guy
Explorer
Explorer
init6 wrote:
Anyone happen to know where the engine air filter is on a 2005 pace arrow? I have a coach owners manual but it doesnโ€™t cover chassis/engine stuff.

Is it accessible from the front? I didnโ€™t see anything that looked obvious and when I opened up the dog house compartment inside the coach I didnโ€™t notice it there eitherโ€ฆ

Thanks in advance

Open the engine cowl up front, on the left side facing the coach it will be on the left. I replaced my filter with an aftermarket high flow filter when I first bought my rig and thats where mine is at. Good luck
"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
-Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.

2005 Pace Arrow 37C "Bronze" Workhorse 8.1 "Ultrapower" upgrade
2004 Honda CRV

init6
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone happen to know where the engine air filter is on a 2005 pace arrow? I have a coach owners manual but it doesnโ€™t cover chassis/engine stuff.

Is it accessible from the front? I didnโ€™t see anything that looked obvious and when I opened up the dog house compartment inside the coach I didnโ€™t notice it there eitherโ€ฆ

Thanks in advance
2005 Pace Arrow 37c
Workhorse W-24 Chassis

seatec
Explorer
Explorer
Lets see if anybody still watches this thread. just had tires replaced and saw the front bump stops are rotted. anybody know the part number or good replacement bump stops?
Anthony
06' Pace Arrow 37C
2 Shepherds
2 Pugs

Fyr_guy
Explorer
Explorer
outofplace wrote:
I will be interested to find out how you access the mechanism as my bedroom slide creeps back in after you extend it against the exterior .... once you let off switch the slides comes back in just a tad

SUCCESS!! I ended up using a small pry bar to lift up the excessively stapled carpet off the plywood and found 1 screw at the foot of the bed in the center (under the carpet). I lubed (silicon) all the plastic wheels, teeth on track and anything I thought would produce a squeak. This cured my problem! The plywood board bends up enough to get to all the important lube points. I replaced the solitary wood screw with a cabinet handle backed by a small washers so I can access this mechanism in the future. Better to have done this at home instead of an emergency on the road. Thanks again for your suggestions.
"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
-Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.

2004 Honda CRV

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
outofplace wrote:
I will be interested to find out how you access the mechanism as my bedroom slide creeps back in after you extend it against the exterior .... once you let off switch the slides comes back in just a tad

Is the electric brake in the on position, as it should be and does the slide maybe drift open a little when going around a turn?
The motor and drive gear, should be under the bed, as it is for most.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

outofplace
Explorer
Explorer
Paul
2016 Outlaw 38RE

Fyr_guy
Explorer
Explorer
It's been a long time since I've seen a post on this thread but I need to ask for someone's help. I've had this god awful squealing while extending or retracting my bedroom slide and I need to know how to get to the slide mechanism under the carpeted board. Any help/advise/pictures, would be greatly appreciated.
-Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.

2004 Honda CRV

Jim_Bakker
Explorer
Explorer
Fyr guy wrote:
Jim, I replaced all my indoor halogens with LEDs. The replacements do protrude a bit so the reflector will not seat flush against the wood but for me the trade off was acceptable. I just left the existing reflector in place. Hope this helps.

Thanks.I bought the smallest LEDs available from M4 Products and they fit fine.
Jim and Suzi Bakker
Carmichael, CA

Ultrapower upgrade
2006 Honda CR-V

Fyr_guy
Explorer
Explorer
darbiokc wrote:
We just purchased a 2004 37a. Seems to be very well taken care of and everything in working order with walk thru. We will be taking our first trip May 23rd. Any comments or suggestions on things to check or do

Welcome darbiokc! The best advise I can offer is to read this thread from beginning to end to educate yourself with all the issues, suggestions and feedback on learning all about your rig. Good Luck and enjoy your "new" motorhome.
-Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.

2004 Honda CRV

darbiokc
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a 2004 37a. Seems to be very well taken care of and everything in working order with walk thru. We will be taking our first trip May 23rd. Any comments or suggestions on things to check or do

Fyr_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Jim Bakker wrote:
Has anyone replaced the under-cabinet halogen bulbs with LEDs? Did you have to remove the reflector? If so, how? My reflector is a bulky piece of pot metal so the tabs that clip into the plastic housing cannot be flexed. If you have been able to remove this type of reflector, please tell me how to do it. Thanks!

Jim, I replaced all my indoor halogens with LEDs. The replacements do protrude a bit so the reflector will not seat flush against the wood but for me the trade off was acceptable. I just left the existing reflector in place. Hope this helps.
-Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.

2004 Honda CRV

Jim_Bakker
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone replaced the under-cabinet halogen bulbs with LEDs? Did you have to remove the reflector? If so, how? My reflector is a bulky piece of pot metal so the tabs that clip into the plastic housing cannot be flexed. If you have been able to remove this type of reflector, please tell me how to do it. Thanks!
Jim and Suzi Bakker
Carmichael, CA

Ultrapower upgrade
2006 Honda CR-V

Jim_Bakker
Explorer
Explorer
Subject: where can I get this part?

The cover on the Battery Control Center under the hood of my 2004 PA is held with a couple of lever-type clips. I've lost one. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement? I've been unable to reach RV Custom Parts (maker of the BCC).
Jim and Suzi Bakker
Carmichael, CA

Ultrapower upgrade
2006 Honda CR-V

MrMudstud
Explorer
Explorer
Paul Turpin wrote:
UPDATE

richardc4 wrote:
I have a 35g, the bedroom would come in fine. When we went to extend the slide out it would start and stop or more like it would hit a snag and go again. I took it to CW and the slide was ok, it was the topper, it had become bent some how. New topper took care of problem.
I will admit I thought they were BS ing me. Not so.

Thanks, I checked the sideout topper and found that it WAS the topper. The arm was loose that the anti-billow arm was connected to and as the slideout was going out the anti-billow arm was hitting the topper bar. I fixed the topper arm and all is good. Thanks for that info it saved me a lot of time getting into the slideout gears and motor looking for the problem.

Mine did the same a few years ago, and since then I always check both my anti-billow arms occasional to be sure it doesn't happened again. With time the topper will stretch and the angle of the arm will change and my hit again. Just something to keep an eye on when making a walk around the coach. Glad it was a simple fix for you.

"No One Cares What You Know, Until They Know That You Care!"......."God Bless America"

2003 Pace Arrow 34W, F-53 V-10 22,000#, Avg 8.2 MPG
ScanGauge II, Voltage Booster, Progressive Industries EMS
Water Softener, Safe-T-Plus, Rear Trac Bar, 4 Koni FSD's