Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: B+ motorhomes
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  B+

> B+ motorhomes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 368  
Prev  |  Next
Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/21 08:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobndot wrote:

Hi Dale, this is probably a common blocked canister where the vent hose becomes clogged as well. It should be a simple fix by your mechanic.
Its EPA ORVR - 'Onboard Refueling Vapor Recovery' related , as you pump gasoline into your gas tank it pushes out air thru a vent tube canister filter setup. When the air can't escape due to a clogged line then the nozzle at the fuel pump shuts off.
Those nozzles are highly intelligent, I don't how they know when those canisters are clogged but they do. [emoticon]

Thanks for the info. That is pretty much what I found in my research. I'm calling my mechanic first thing tomorrow. He's extremely good, quick, and is reasonably priced. When we had business here, he always took care of our company vehicles. He was the one who went through this motorhome when we bought it at 8 years old with 8,000 miles on it and got it ready for us to take to Alaska. Worked perfectly. He did an oil change for me a couple weeks ago when I was up here.

Dale

Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/21 04:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I took it a truck/RV place in Elkhart where we had shocks put on the Phaeton at one time. I talked to them before I went and they assured me they could handle the problem. My regular mechanic had an accident with a chain saw so he is out of commission for awhile.

I got it there this morning. The tech said the one vent tube was blocked but there are apparently more (?). He said he cleaned everything out. Before I paid, he had me go fill it with fuel. It clicked off twice. I pulled the nozzle out a bit and then it filled completely up without shutting off. So I went back and paid him. No parts, just labor. So I'm hoping it's taken care of.

Got filled up with propane before I came home. Back at camp.

Dale

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/21 03:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am back on the road, leaving Indiana this morning and heading to Charlottesville, VA, to visit my daughter and family. No problems fueling. Yay!

Dale

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/21 03:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scottiemom wrote:

I am back on the road, leaving Indiana this morning and heading to Charlottesville, VA, to visit my daughter and family. No problems fueling. Yay!

Dale

Good to hear,have a safe trip!

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/21 03:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

Scottiemom wrote:

Dale

Good to hear,have a safe trip!

Thank you!

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/21 03:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tnx for the update Dale.
Stay Safe,
B n D

Orion_42

Lakes Region, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/21 04:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So, how many Trail-Lite B+ owners still out there on this forum? I have owned my Chevy M211 since 2009 and now have 54,000 miles on it. I dare say it’s a far cry better than new with many upgrades not even available when it was built in 2001. I have sold our lake house so this is my new hobby and I spend many hours perfecting the old gal. Not sure what it’s worth on the market, but even though I can easily afford a new unit, I enjoy the features of this coach and the challenge to keep it like new or better. It’s stored in a soft-top shelter tear-round.

Some of the enhancements include converting to twin beds by adding a Lagun table bracket; in-dash nav unit Bluetooth radio; LED indirect lighting LED awning light bar; alloy wheels; flat panel TV; MaxxAir delux fan vent; TPMS; LED marker lamps and tail lights; new bath and kitchen sink fixtures; external propane tap for Blackstone grill; power windows and locks; alarm; bedside and in-dash USB charge ports; and new exterior graphics.

Doing short trips around New England and a longer trip to Gettysburg at end of month. B+ Campers are certainly in demand these days.

----------------------
2001 Trail Lite B+ 211

cheeze1

Morristown, NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/21 08:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SO nice to hear from you guys once in awhile. Tho we sold our 213 in 2011, we still miss it.
I also converted ours to 2 single beds which made the coach roomier and a certain person didn’t have to climb over me to make her regular mid night trek to the bathroom!
Hope you are all doing well!

Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

">

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/21 05:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought our 2004 213 Trail Lite in 2012 with 7800 miles on her. Our intent was to use her for a trip to Alaska, so we didn't have to take our 40' Phaeton. We had our mechanic go through and change the fluids, filters, belts and hoses. After the second shakedown trip, we lost the fuel pump, so had that and the fuel filter replaced. It involved dropping the driveshaft, which is why our mechanic didn't do that. But she made the trip to Alaska and back. We decided to keep her because she was in great condition and we thought we would do the east coast state parks, for which a small unit would be great. She was in climate controlled storage all those years and we only took her out once a year to exercise her.

Last year my DH passed away last year and I sold my Phaeton. I kept "MinnieMee," as I could easily handle her and decided my days of towing a car were over. I am on my second big trip with her now. The one thing I intend to do but haven't done yet is to replace the cracking/peeling decals. They look bad but the rest of the coach is still in great condition.

I agree that she's built better than a lot of the coaches nowadays. I am looking to buy a newer coach, but for the time being, I'm happy with her.

Dale

Orion_42

Lakes Region, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/21 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to hear about your loss Scottiemom.
Aside from the graphics, your rig sounds like it must be in nice shape. The previous owner of mine crudely removed the graphics with a razor blade resulting in some scratches. I would have used a heat gun and more carefully peeled them off. I purchased replacement Trail Light ovals online and a large vinyl swoosh for each side. I’ll try to post a pic.

Good to hear from you Cheeze1.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 368  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  B+

> B+ motorhomes
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.